Dive shop in Ft. Lauderdale

GonePostalWV

I'm trying to locate a diveshop in Ft. Lauderdale somewhere close to the 17th st. Port entrance area. I'll be sailing out of there this weekend, and would like to try to find a prescription dive mask or goggles Friday evening.

On my last cruise I picked up a mask that was not exactly my prescription, but was made with on hand lenses at a shop in Orlando. Naturally , I've lost the mask since then... but would like to replace it if possible.

Any thoughts are appreciated. (and I know I should have taken care of this weeks ago <g>)

Unlikely you will be able to get a prescription mask on short notice. Most dive shops have to send the mask out to have this done as there are very few that are large enough to have the equipment to grind lenses.

Many dive shops do have masks that have lenses already for magnification but this wont help a lot of us.

I agree with you last statement that you should have taken care of this sooner.

Sorry I can't help.

The reason I didn't take care of it sooner was due to the nature of my previous mask purchase. Basically it was an impulse buy. I was able to pick out the mask, show my prescription, and about half an hour later I was ready to go.

Naturally, this isn't as good an option as having the mask made to my specs in advance... but it enabled me to see fairly well. Considering I need a mask about every 4 years or so, that's good enough <G>.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Thought I would throw this in there too, in case you can't get a prescription mask made. Just pick up a regular mask and add these. They have a store location at 180 Gulfstream Way in Ft. Lauderdale, but not sure how close this is to the port, or maybe just order by FedEx if necessary. :)

Archived