Cruise pricing

maxx

I spoke with P&O this morning and they said "There are heaps of spaces in the kids facilities" for the one i need (10yo). So im gonna sweat it out. Although the above deal is good enough and if i can find a roomate I'll book it Asap.

Can you believe I have asked all of my mates and even offered them a super deal $500 (I'd pay the rest) and none will take it!! Apparently all want to go but their significant others wont let them go. I say go anyway and deal with the consequenses when you get back, she cant be angry for ever? Can she?

Dan

Don't bet on that Dan! We women can make your life a real misery if we want to. Actually, I'm not like that. I try to talk my husband into going to Bathurst every year as he is a car racing fanatic but I can't seem to get rid of him for the weekend. I must say though if he wanted to go on a cruise and leave me at home I wouldn't be too happy.

BTW I'd love to be a room mate for a 25 yo male but I'm not sure my hubby would appreciate it. I'm not sure you'd appreciate it either rooming with a 45 yo female. Although I can be lots of fun and like you, I enjoy a drink or three.

Karen

They have been around for at least 18 months. I get their emails each week and have taken them to my local travel agent and asked them to match the price. You could try that if you feel more comfortable booking with a "person".

You need to be careful when booking about fees and charges. The agency we use have never charged us booking fees or amendments and you can bpay from your credit card without fees. People that are cruising with us in Jan were charged a $55 booking fee, each just for the privelege of using that particular shop. Plus they were charged amendment fees everytime they made changes (probably fair enough). Their deposit was $500 per person non-refundable. P&O only require $200 or $300. So they were making a big profit if they cancelled.

We got hit with a booking fee too, mind you I did all the work and the TA just put it through the computer. She did tell us about charges for amendments. My initial price was still cheapest with 2 for 1.

I am curious as to why the prices are reduced. How funny that this thread has gone a little off track......

Karen,

I dont mind who I room with, they can't snore as loud as my brother!

Now he has joined the board he'll tell everyone that I'm the snorer which is entirely untrue!!

Maxx,

It would seem that it did get a little off the track last night... it wasn't my fault :-)

Dan

but at least it was fun dan.....i enjoy the fluffy threads.

maybe we could just a chat thread when a few are here to chat. no harm in that surely.

karon

I thought about that too Karon. I think it's a good idea.

Karen

Archived