Picking A Deck?

HappyValley3

Looking to book the Vista for next October. Three adults, middle, balcony. We can't decide on deck 6 or deck 7.

Saw some pictures of a deck 6 balcony that overlooks deck 5 umbrellas? Since we haven't been on a ship this big, I was wondering if all the balconies overlook the deck below them? We were looking at cabin 6350.

Not a big concern, just curious before we book.

Edited by HappyValley3

Deck 7 for sure. Deck 6 is too close for comfort to the Lanai and noise could be an issue since of the things on Deck 5. All "regular balconies" are going to have the view of the Lanai... If you are interested, look at the Cove Balconies as they are cheaper and no Lanai blocking the view. We had an OV below the theatre and didn't have a noise issues on the Breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DisneyDatknee

Thanks for the information. I'll take a closer look at deck tomorrow. I'm not really sure I would like a cove balcony. I think a balcony on deck 2 would be a little too close to the water for me. One person has never cruised and the other is my son who was on a carrier in the Navy and said as long as it's not at the back he didn't care what deck.

Thanks for the information. I'll take a closer look at deck tomorrow. I'm not really sure I would like a cove balcony. I think a balcony on deck 2 would be a little too close to the water for me. One person has never cruised and the other is my son who was on a carrier in the Navy and said as long as it's not at the back he didn't care what deck.

Why don't you try an ocean suite balcony on deck 7 or 8? That's the vertical middle of the ship so your cruise virgin won't feel much rocking, your son is accommodated, and you'll be high enough away from the water.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

Why don't you try an ocean suite balcony on deck 7 or 8? That's the vertical middle of the ship so your cruise virgin won't feel much rocking, your son is accommodated, and you'll be high enough away from the water.

We returned yesterday and had an Ocean Suite on deck 7 (7349). While it does overlook deck 5 you would only notice that if you were stood by the balcony rail, sitting down you get a clear view of the sea or port. I highly recommend an OS category, the rooms are a good size, it has a full sized jacuzzi bath with a shower overhead and 2 washbasins. We absolutely loved our suite, also there were no noise issues from deck 5

We returned yesterday and had an Ocean Suite on deck 7 (7349). While it does overlook deck 5 you would only notice that if you were stood by the balcony rail, sitting down you get a clear view of the sea or port. I highly recommend an OS category, the rooms are a good size, it has a full sized jacuzzi bath with a shower overhead and 2 washbasins. We absolutely loved our suite, also there were no noise issues from deck 5

I would love an Ocean Suite, but it's approx. $1,600 more and I really can't justify that increase.

Right now I am looking at 7281,7270, 7286. All the available cabins on deck 8 do not convert to a king bed.

I have never had this much confusion on all the cruises I have taken. Maybe I am overthinking trying to make this cruise special for them?

Any suggestions on the above cabins?

Right now I am looking at 7281,7270, 7286. All the available cabins on deck 8 do not convert to a king bed.

Deck 8 Cabins are the same as Deck 7 Cabins... Carnival doesn't do that twin configuration in the balconies. I'm looking at the deck plan right now and all of them say "king and a sofa bed with an upper pullman".

I would love an Ocean Suite, but it's approx. $1,600 more and I really can't justify that increase.

I have never had this much confusion on all the cruises I have taken. Maybe I am overthinking trying to make this cruise special for them?

Any suggestions on the above cabins?

We are just off Vista, we had 7291, so I can recommend deck 7. I did not want 6 as it is above the lanai and promenade, didn't want to worry about noise from below. Deck 6 starboard (forward) is also right above the smoking area on 5

I would try for a Havana cabana or Havana suite on deck 5. The patios are so much larger than a balcony, and you can't beat having an exclusive pool and jacuzzi's!

Neither are available on that sailing. Only the Havana Interior and Family Harbor.

I also thought other people could walk in front of the Habana Cabanas or Suites on deck 5? I like to sit on the balcony in my PJs with coffee in the morning! lol

Neither are available on that sailing. Only the Havana Interior and Family Harbor.

I also thought other people could walk in front of the Habana Cabanas or Suites on deck 5? I like to sit on the balcony in my PJs with coffee in the morning! lol

They were not available for my sailing either until the time of final payment. I switched from a family harbor suite to a Havana suite and Havana interior at that time for my party of 5.

During the day, the only people that can walk by the Havana patios on deck 5 are other Havana guests. There is a locked gate that separates the public promenade deck from the Havana patios. For people with a Havana cabana, the key card that unlocks the cabins sliding glass door also unlocks that gate. In the evenings when the Havana pool area opens to everyone, they can exit through that gate on deck 5, but very few ever did. Most will go back through the bar. Even people staying in Havana interior cabins don't use that walkway. I had my coffee and breakfast every morning on my patio and no one ever walked by. I would say a total of 5 people ever strolled by my patio in the 12 days I was onboard, and I was out on my patio ALOT!

Edited by SweetCruiser39

Once again thanks for your help to everyone who responded. We are going to book #8340.

If you think of any other tips I might need, please feel free to post your suggestions. :)

Happy safe sailing everyone!

we have 9433 on the Vista- its under the carpeted area of the buffet area.

But on other sailings i would have taken 7414 but we got a deal with free upgrades

no across the hall neighbors (its the area that houses the fire doors)

easy access to stairs and elevators quick access to the dining room and the buffet area. the only time i need to travel is to go to the show lounge

That won't stop me :) LOL. I'm going to sit on my lanai every morning and every night in my pjs.