Ft. Lauderdale???

onabona

Does anyone know what happened to the Airport Hotel - Ramada Marina Mile Rd.? We are booked there on Dec.31st & I called to see if the hotel survived hurricane Wilma & no one is answering?? We are booked to go on Carnival Liberty on Jan 1/06. If anyone knows anything about this, write me back. Thanks. Lee

Thanks for your prompt answer Hipquest. Your right, I did call the 800 number for Ramada & they told me to call back in 1 week. But we're so excited about our cruise, that I wanted to know right away if we have to find another hotel. So I thought that, maybe someone in the Ft. Lauderdale area might know about this hotel.

we are at a la quinta post cruise, (11/25 legend) for one nite. i had my husband call the 1-800 # for la quinta and they could not get thru. so they told us to try again next week. so we, too, may be looking for another hotel.

I would think if either hotels are closed when you are due to stay both Ramada and La Quinta would assist you in securing another hotel. I know it's nerve wracking but the people of Ft. Lauderdale DO want your tourist dollars.

Try not to worry (I know, easier said then done) and enjoy your cruise.:)

Power is still out at those sections of town so that is probably why you haven't got a response. That part of Ft Lauderdale did not really get any flooding--they may have had some roof or window damage but I am sure it will be ok by the time you get here. Have you ever stayed there before?

Leslie

(about 12 miles away)

we are at a la quinta post cruise, (11/25 legend) for one nite. i had my husband call the 1-800 # for la quinta and they could not get thru. so they told us to try again next week. so we, too, may be looking for another hotel.

Vamcd

I used parksleepfly to book the La quinta for 12/10/05 and they sent me an email saying the La Quinta was to be closed until the end of the year due to hurricane damageand that are deposit would be refunded. So we re booked at the Wyndham

Thanks for all the answers. Perhaps the Airport Ramada is closed until further notice as well as the La Quinta. Who Knows?? It may be prudent for us to start looking for another hotel this week until I can get in touch with Ramada. Ramada has shuttle service from the airport & too the cruise port & breakfast as well which is great. I wonder what other hotels have that service?

Liberty Jan 1/06

I am booked for Dec. 31 going on the Liberty Jan. 1. I called last night the toll free Resv. No. and was told that everything is ok and they are again taking resv. for this hotel. So if I can believe them I still have a room.

I am booked for Dec. 31 going on the Liberty Jan. 1. I called last night the toll free Resv. No. and was told that everything is ok and they are again taking resv. for this hotel. So if I can believe them I still have a room.

This is the email I recieved though I did book this thru parksleepfly since we leave the car at the LaQuinta. I would call the Hotel direct to find out for sure 1 954-922-2295 I tried and line has been bust for the last few days. We just rebooked at the Wyndham

Hello,

We are writing regarding your ParkSleepFly reservation. Unfortunately, due to Hurricane Wilma, La Quinta Inn and Suites in Hollywood has sustained substantial damage to their property. At this time, the hotel is closed and all reservations have been canceled for the remainder of the year.

Please be assured that we will issue a refund check for the amount you paid online for your reservation. You should receive this check within 10-14 business days.

We apologize for the inconvenience this matter has caused. If we may be of further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Cathy

ParkSleepFly.com

Don't be surprised if you can not get through right away. I am here in Broward County, I live just west of Fort Lauderdale. FPL estimates some areas more on the coast in the Fort Lauderdale area won't have power until 11/22, plus my neighbors were told by Bellsouth they may not get phone service back until 11/28. This does not apply to all areas, but that may be why you are having problems. There are many La Quinta's down here, so I think two of you are talking about different ones--it's possible one will be open and the other will be closed. Keep trying to get through on the phone, and hopefully it will work soon. Good luck to you!

Angel - FPL now says 95% of customers will have power by 11/8, and everyone will have power back by 11/13. Actually most of the COAST has power. The beach and downtown Fort Lauderdale is all well lit and things are rapidly returning to normal in this area.

The La Quinta referred to here that's closed is the one in Hollywood that calls itself "Fort Lauderdale Airport".

I don't know the status of the Ramada, but I would look for another hotel. It's not a nice place, in a nasty neighborhood a long way from the port and airport, and there's nothing to walk to from there.

State Road 84 is best avoided... The SE 17th Street area is the best area for cruisers to stay in. It's a much safer area less than 10 minutes from the airport and just outside the entrance to the port with dozens of restaurants, shops, grocery, drug & liquor stores, plus the very popular Water Taxi all within safe, easy walking distance.

Does anyone down there know anything about The Pillars Hotel on Birch. We have reservations for 11/10. When I called Wednesday, they still had no power. We really like staying here, but I am beginning to wonder if I should find something else. Marriott Beach Place does not have power either which is close, however the Sheraton does have power which is also walking distance from the Pillars. If I have to switch I am thinking about the Atlantic. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

There are 2 liquor stores within 2 blocks of Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center". Go west to Cordova Road (at the Embassy Suites), cross SE 17th Street. There's a Crown Wine & Spirits on Cordova Road behind the Chevron station. There's a 67 Wine & Spirits in the strip mall just across the street from Crown.

American Airlines just changed my departure time from 1:30pm to 11:54am on a Friday...We are the only ship in port that day, will I have enough time to get from the Legend to the airport??? Sorry pushed too many buttons, must be the coffee

Oh these boards are still screwy as hell. I'm sure it's not you.

Yeah, not being on a weekend and being the only ship in port should make that time doable unless something unusual happens. I would still want to be among the first off just in case, but on a weekday it wouldn't worry me like it would on a weekend. And it's only a 5-10 minute drive from Port Everglades to FLL.

Archived