Celebrity in Cozumel

erin1998

Hi everyone,

Just any update....I just got off the telephone with Celebrity (the 1-800 #) and they said they just received an official update that they will start going back to Cozumel as of November 12. They said that any Celebrity cruise due to dock in Cozumel after November 12 will go there instead of a substitute place or day at sea.

Hopefully this doesn't change. :)

Erin

I hope what Celebrity is saying about Cozumel sticks. I read about the damage done by Wilma to the piers and it sounded more like a 6 month period before cruise ships could go in again. I already had booked a tour to Tulum on the 14th? through Celebrity and was told they will not cancel/refund until the very last minute. Oh, well, such is life.

:) Hi,

You can bet this will be a TENDER stop.

No way anybody can dock at the Cozumel's facilities before 3-4 months, judging by the damage done to them by Wilma....

I suppose the local authorities have rushed the repairs necessary to other structures in town so as to welcome 1,500 visitors soonest possible.....they need the cash.....

Cheers

CG

:cool:

Interesting - I got an email from TA stating the 11/12 Galaxy cruise would not be going to Cozumel and would have a day at sea instead. The call at Cozumel was set for 11/14, the day the port is set to reopen. The Celebrity website confirms this.

Archived