Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Cruz4Sun

Yes, many people use the BBB daily. What is it that you really want to know?

There are various packages that can be purchased in advance on line. While it is possible to schedule after boarding, it typically books totally full before the on line bookings close. To be sure to get what you want, look at the packages available and book in advance.

Each girl is assigned to a "Fairy Godmother in Training" who will puff and fluff over her and make her feel like a princess while doing her hair, makeup, etc. They make it a fun experience. She will leave looking and feeling like she is the most special girl on the ship. BUT she is on a moving ship and she is a little girl. Running, playing, being on the pool deck with the wind, etc. will begin to do a number on the hair even though they make it pretty sturdy. For this reason, the coveted slots are those in the late afternoon.

Worth it? 20 years ago I made a Cinderella dress and bought a pair of plastic high heals and a blue headband at the Disney store and my little princess danced thru the house for weeks (and wore tennis shoes on Halloween!). Fast forward to my niece who required a trip to BBB where she got a dress, makeup, and hair for a hefty price and had roughly the same level of enjoyment. BUT in my daughter's era there was no BBB and her outfit was the most beautiful at WDW. Today it would probably take the hair and makeup bit, and I can't do that on my own. If you want to spend the money, you will delight the child. But if you don't, get a dress the day after Halloween and some glitter hairspray and do it yourself.

Our granddaughter had the BBB experience at Disneyworld when she was three. She already had a princess costume, so it was just the 'do with the Fairy Godmother.

She has this awesome little "contained" smile when her excitement level is at Defcon 1. She had it - and we've got the picture to prove it! - during this experience.

Totally depends on the kid, I think, but this was far and away the biggest highlight - and there were many highlights - of her first Disney experience.

I just wanted to know if anyone could tell us about their experience. Was it the highlight of the trip? Did they think it was worth the hefty price tag?

Thank you.

One of the best things we've ever done on a cruise. We bought a dress in advance so we only did the hair, makeup and nails which is a bit of a savings but equally as amazing in terms of the experience. My wife and I watched our daughter got a Princess makeover and we were in tears while enjoying some mimosas.

In the past, the dresses have gone on sale at the Disney Store for 75% off, usually beginning on Halloween day or on Nov. 1. They have also gone on sale on the Disney Store online. They virtually never are marked down on the ship. I obviously can't say what will happen this year, but this has been the history for the past several years.

The closer you get to Halloween, the bigger the markdowns! When you are paying thousands for a cruise, maybe saving $100 on a dress doesn't matter....but I'm cheap!

Same for pirate costumes, but you can get those at Target, etc.

Edited by moki'smommy