Sun - Aloha Deck - Almost Mid Ship

pklopp

Hi - looking for any feedback on a cabin on the Aloha Deck - looking to book for 4/17 for a 10 night. TA is not recommending Princess for us, so we are looking at an online agent - we like the itinerary for our 30th anniv. and we respect our TA, but cannot find another line that offers this. Will we like the Sun? Have been on Zuiderdam, Voyager and Victory - 52 & 53 yrs. young - like to drink beer - either in a bar on the balcony, love to make donations to the slot machines and usually like any food that someone else cooks!

So any info on the Sun or the Aloha deck will be greatly appreciated - Thanks.

Peggy

We loved the Sun when we were on a 10-day Caribbean cruise in last April. We were mid-ship on Aloha as well. I can't understand why your TA would not want to recommend Princess ... seems strange to me.

It's not a mega ship, but we loved the size. Frankly, 1900 passengers is more then enough anyway :-) We never felt crowded at all. Our cabin had a small balcony, it was fine for what we used it for (sitting out there now and then). Granted the cabin and balcony were not the largest on the planet, but we had ample room and enjoyed them both.

We have a very varied age-group on our Sun cruise - everything from the very elderly (not alot of them, but some) to young couples in their 20's. There were not alot of children tho, which was ok with us :-) The average age was probably in the 45-55 bracket but again, there were plenty of people of all ages.

Since we don't drink beer I can't comment on that :-) and I restrict my slot machine activity to Las Vegas.

All in all, we loved the Sun. We had great waiters, great cabin attendant, a nice mix of passengers and a terrific itinerary.

Go and enjoy !!!

We were on the Aloha Deck in January, also about midship. We thought it was a good location. Cabins have plenty of storage space -- the balcony is a little small, but adequate.

Aft on the Aloha Deck there is a deck, pretty good size, with plenty of lounge chairs. Not always a lot of people out there, so it is a quiet place to sit and read or relax.

We enjoyed the Sun, which was our first cruise on Princess after several on Celebrity. It is a smaller ship, but we enjoyed that aspect. I think you will enjoy your cruise. If you have any other questions about the Sun, check out the Live from the Sun Cruise that has been active since January. Tons of info about the Sun and lots of people post live on ship with plenty of info on the islands. I think you will find it to be informative.

Have a great cruise.

Archived