Maya Palms SCUBA

scubalisa

• 3 weeks later...

Having found out that Maya Ha (we were there a few years ago and loved it) is now Maya Palms, I went to the website.

Well, I called the number on their website, and the people who answered (definitely in the US, not in Costa Maya) told me I had to book through costamayacruiseexcursions.com. (It's one of Island Marketing's many site names).

Okay, so emailed and then I got on the chat with them. They said that they won't be booking until mid December (after emailing me a few days ago saying the scuba trips would be on their site by today (Friday).

So all I know for now is that Maya Palms thinks they are being booked through Island Marketing, but Island Marketing isn't doing any booking yet.

Think they are wondering why the port is so crowded with ships diverted from Coz, but their place is deserted?

Which leads me to my question - shallow diving in Costa Maya pretty much isn't happening for me (Dec. 8), is it?

If not, what's the best snorkeling (besides Maya Ha/Maya Palms).

I had booked with Tanya at Dreamtime Diving for my trip last April, but we didn't stop due to rough conditions... the Grandeur got a dent a couple of weeks before, and our captain didn't want to dent the Splendour.

I think the former name of the operation was Blue Ha.

You might want to check out the website and drop them an E-mail - their website says they are open.

http://www.dreamtimediving.com/home/index.php

Have a great trip!

Wendy

• 2 weeks later...

We were just at Maya Palms on Thanksgiving Day--11-24-05. We had a great time. We went snorkeling out at the reef. Didn't have enough time to scuba dive because our ship docked late. We scheduled our excursion through Island Marketing at http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/ShoreExcursions.htm. The manager at the resort did say that they were having trouble with the boat, but did expect that to be repaired soon for diving trips. We were on the Carnival Liberty, and really wouldn't have had enough time to do a scuba trip, but the snorkeling was great.

I would try Island Marketing again.

Just to expand on my post--Jeffinburg thought that the call was answered in the US. Maya Palms is owned by a company out of St Louis, MO so that may be who answered, but the manager, Scott is from Tampa, FL so that may be who you spoke with. He did tell us they are booking through Island Marketing because of the monopoly on the taxi, etc in port.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

swim,

How do you book online? I sent an email to the address on their website & they said to book thru the cruiseline. Is there another way to book online? Did you tell them that you were on a cruise when you booked? Info please!!! We leave in just under 3 weeks. Thanks

Lisa

We're in port on the 24th with the RCI Splendor. Contacted Dreamtime and were refered back to the curiseline. I think the previous post is right, dreamtime is now only booking through the cruiselines.

However, I didn't have a problem booking two tanks through Mayan Palms today. I Called the 800 number on the website: http://www.mayapalms.com/

$75 for a two tank and $15 cab ride each way to get to the resort...

They said you can put up to 4 in a cab and still get the rate...Anybody want to share a ride?

Navenr

Just wanted to post that I booked thru dreamtime independently for our trip to costa maya on the Carnival Valor. Might be that they don't work for Carnival and just a few other lines.

We booked 8 spots with no problem. I will post a review in early feb!

Archived