Atlantis Snuba & Adventure park excursion R.C.

happycruiser90

We will be in Bahamas in March and was wondering if anyone did the Snuba & Adventure Park excursion from Royal Caribbean. Was wondering how long the Snuba takes and if you have enough time to do the waterpark also. Is the Snuba done on the property or do you have to take a boat? Thanks for any help you can give. The excursion is for 6 hours.

We will be in Bahamas in March and was wondering if anyone did the Snuba & Adventure Park excursion from Royal Caribbean. Was wondering how long the Snuba takes and if you have enough time to do the waterpark also. Is the Snuba done on the property or do you have to take a boat? Thanks for any help you can give. The excursion is for 6 hours.

If this is the snuba trip organized by Atlantis and Blue Adventures, then you will have a little time to enjoy the waterpark....but not too much. I did the snuba while staying at Atlantis last November, and I'm fairly sure it's the same deal.

If so, it IS a boat dive to two sites near Rose Island -- one was over a shallow wreck, and the other near a reef -- and you will have two groups that will alternate doing snuba and snorkeling, plus another group that will just snorkel. As I recall, the entire thing took 3 hours, which doesn't leave too much time for the waterpark.

I'll be doing the snuba again in November as part of a trip to Atlantis (staying at Comfort Suites, though, as it's cheaper and gives the same waterpark access) and I can't wait. It was $96 booked at the resort and a lot of fun.

If this is the snuba trip organized by Atlantis and Blue Adventures, then you will have a little time to enjoy the waterpark....but not too much. I did the snuba while staying at Atlantis last November, and I'm fairly sure it's the same deal.

If so, it IS a boat dive to two sites near Rose Island -- one was over a shallow wreck, and the other near a reef -- and you will have two groups that will alternate doing snuba and snorkeling, plus another group that will just snorkel. As I recall, the entire thing took 3 hours, which doesn't leave too much time for the waterpark.

I'll be doing the snuba again in November as part of a trip to Atlantis (staying at Comfort Suites, though, as it's cheaper and gives the same waterpark access) and I can't wait. It was $96 booked at the resort and a lot of fun.

Thanks so much for your reply. Have a great time in November!!

Here's a too-loud video from snuba, so turn down the volume:
(mic on my Fuji u/w camera was too sensitive!)

...and here are pics from my visit to Paradise Island. The snuba pics are near the bottom: http://jet25.hasweb.com/~paulcas/Bahamas%20Trip%20--%20November%202015/

Thanks so much for the videos they are great! Thanks for your help. I was wondering did you do it as a Cruise excursion or directly with Atlantis. The thing I'm trying to figure out is if the Snuba excursion from the cruise is the same because the cruise excursion describes the excursion as a Snuba in a shallow lagoon. So wondering if we will take a boat somewhere or if this is just done at a lagoon on the Atlantis property?

Thanks so much for the videos they are great! Thanks for your help. I was wondering did you do it as a Cruise excursion or directly with Atlantis.

I booked it at Atlantis itself; I was staying across the street at Comfort Suites. Guests there get full complimentary access to Atlantis. (One of the best-kept open secrets in the Bahamas.)

The thing I'm trying to figure out is if the Snuba excursion from the cruise is the same because the cruise excursion describes the excursion as a Snuba in a shallow lagoon. So wondering if we will take a boat somewhere or if this is just done at a lagoon on the Atlantis property?

I'd noticed that "shallow lagoon" description before. There would only be two possible locations on the Atlantis property for that; one would be The Dig (aquarium) itself, and the other would be Atlantis Lagoon, which is pretty small. I don't recall seeing any snuba-like activity in that lagoon or in The Dig while I was there. (There is a helmet-dive excursion in the shark tank by the Leap of Faith organized by the same outfitters, but it's not snuba.)

I suspect the ship excursion might have changed and the description hasn't been updated. OTOH, my snuba "buddies," the lady and her two kids in the video, were staying on the property and were not from a cruise ship; I don't know about the other snuba or snorkeling participants.

When I booked it through Atlantis, it was $95 and it DID take about 3 hours.

I booked it at Atlantis itself; I was staying across the street at Comfort Suites. Guests there get full complimentary access to Atlantis. (One of the best-kept open secrets in the Bahamas.)

I'd noticed that "shallow lagoon" description before. There would only be two possible locations on the Atlantis property for that; one would be The Dig (aquarium) itself, and the other would be Atlantis Lagoon, which is pretty small. I don't recall seeing any snuba-like activity in that lagoon or in The Dig while I was there. (There is a helmet-dive excursion in the shark tank by the Leap of Faith organized by the same outfitters, but it's not snuba.)

I suspect the ship excursion might have changed and the description hasn't been updated. OTOH, my snuba "buddies," the lady and her two kids in the video, were staying on the property and were not from a cruise ship; I don't know about the other snuba or snorkeling participants.

When I booked it through Atlantis, it was $95 and it DID take about 3 hours.

Thanks so much for your help. I think you are right they didn't update the description.