Just blew in from a wonderful wind cruise!

relaxin

What a glorious 2 weeks.We loved this cruise.The ship was great.It was just big enough that it had an intimate feeling and not to crowded.It was very clean and well maintained.

The staff was wonderful,especially Jocelyn asst cruise staff,it was like she makes it her personal responsilbility that you have a great time(she knew our names from day one!).Our steward Dave was fantastic,the room was always perfect!The sports bar staff were right on the ball picking up after everyone and the food was very good.

There were always things to do on the ship and we especially enjoyed the sea days,so relaxing!!Fanning Island is beautiful as was all Hawaii but rare to see an island like Fanning well worth the trip!

I am so happy that NCL offers these 12 day trips(we did the Med on the dream last year) they are the perfect length for feeling rested.Great job,once again NCL! Relaxin

It is really is what YOU make of it. The staff and the ship are the baseline to judge from, and we didn't have a problem with either. We enjoyed both very much.

You can have a terrible cruise on the most expensive ship or the best time on the oldest

We found the Wind to be very enjoyable, went with a positive attitude and realistic expectations for the money we were spending.

I was on that crise as well. We had a really great time and the whole crew was very friendly. We did have a few complaints, though -

1. The embarkation process was not very well organized.

2. There were several places on the ship (especially on the promenade deck on the starboard side) that absolutely REEK of raw sewage.

3. The tap water was really bad. Bring some bottled water on board with you.

All in all, the cruise was great. Sure, the ship's beginning to show it's age, but the destinations more than make up for it.

Mink, what part of the starboad side of the Promenade deck?

Well, you can smell it in various parts of the ship at various times, but the very worst spot was outside on the promenade deck, starboard side, mid-to-rear of the ship. Makes it sort of tough to jog or walk on the "track".

You will enjoy this cruise.The cruise dir Sandy and her staff are alot of fun even if you dont participate you will laugh just watching the activities.They do dance lessons and games by the pool and pool bar area that were fun to watch but join in a learn a few new dance steps.I even made leis in the craft corner and had some souvenirs to take home.

We enjoyed the back pool ,it was never too crowded and nice and warm.I liked the fitness classes with Kimberly,something i had never done before.I got alot of healthy tips and some good exercise(the gym is small but I was always able to get an excersise bike with a great view of the ocean.When we wanted to get out of the sun we went in and played yatzee or cards.

We enjoyed the entertaiment in the evening or would go back to our cabin and watch a movie(fairly recent releases).

The food was very good and for a 12 day cruise there were plenty of different choices.The dining staff we had were very matter of fact,get the order and move on but the food was good.The sports Bar had a good selection and self serve so we ate there often.

You will love island hopping!! Go and have a great time and enjoy the anticipation while your waiting to go!!

I just wanted to add my encouragement to those of you out there that have been the negative reviews. I was on the 10/15 Wind and my husband and I had a fantastic time. I did however meet some of those people who would have given a negative review. I learned that these type of people or probably not often happy with anything. We ate at every restaurant on board and we never had a bad experience. The food was great with tons of choices, the waiters were very willing to serve and if you are a kidder they are very willing to kid back. If you're inclined to do so, take the Hula Class. There is a graduation where you can show your stuff and get a Master Hula Certificate. Attend the graduation anyway, it was so fun to watch. I know the smell you talking about on the promenade deck. It didn't affect me that bad. I knew it was there but it wasn't bad enough to stop me from walking. Maybe my smeller is going out...:o

I just wanted to add my encouragement to those of you out there that have been the negative reviews. I was on the 10/15 Wind and my husband and I had a fantastic time. I did however meet some of these people who would have given a negative review. I learned that these type of people are probably not often happy with anything. We ate at every restaurant on board and we never had a bad experience. The food was great with tons of choices, the waiters were very willing to serve and if you are a kidder they are very willing to kid back. If you're inclined to do so, take the Hula Class. There is a graduation where you can show your stuff and get a Master Hula Certificate. Attend the graduation anyway, it was so fun to watch. I know the smell you talking about on the promenade deck. It didn't affect me that bad. I knew it was there but it wasn't bad enough to stop me from walking. Maybe my smeller is going out...:o

I appreciate the sewage smell info. Some of us are more sensitive to odors than others. Our cabin is one deck below the Promenade Deck on the Norway deck, starboard side, aft. It probably will not be a problem, but I will want to bring some air freshener just in case. It's nice to be prepared for potential problems. I might throw in some Vicks Vapor Rub for under the nose just for extra measure, too. In any event, I will be prepared. Thanks.

And I thank everyone for all of the positive remarks. They are most encouraging and welcome.

I appreciate the sewage smell info. Some of us are more sensitive to odors than others. Our cabin is one deck below the Promenade Deck on the Norway deck, starboard side, aft. It probably will not be a problem, but I will want to bring some air freshener just in case. It's nice to be prepared for potential problems. I might throw in some Vicks Vapor Rub for under the nose just for extra measure, too. In any event, I will be prepared. Thanks.

And I thank everyone for all of the positive remarks. They are most encouraging and welcome.

That's *exactly* where I was (cabin 6258) and I never smelled anything bad in our room that wasn't produced by yours truly. Don't worry. :)

Archived