Christmas Cuban Fussion and Mayan Treasures

We did the Cuban Fusion as part of a cruise last Xmas on the Dream.

We have done a number of cruises with both P&O and Thomson and given the choice I will take Thomson every time over P&O.

Excluding the ships being older and smaller, Thomson win every other encounter in my opinion. Better Food, better entertainment, better atmosphere and great staff.

Cuba is fantastic and the highlight of the trip in my opinion. Being there before it changes will also be a good thing.

We did the Cuban Fusion as part of a cruise last Xmas on the Dream.

We have done a number of cruises with both P&O and Thomson and given the choice I will take Thomson every time over P&O.

Excluding the ships being older and smaller, Thomson win every other encounter in my opinion. Better Food, better entertainment, better atmosphere and great staff.

Cuba is fantastic and the highlight of the trip in my opinion. Being there before it changes will also be a good thing.

I've a funny feeling I will enjoy Thomson Dream more than P&O:D

I love the beach and snorkelling, do you think I would be able to find my own way to the beech or would I be better off booking shore excursions ?

Any tips or advice would be very much appreciated.

PS. Whats the best thing to do in Cuba ?

Edited by Longislandtea

We had an overnight in Havana as part of our trip.

We booked a 1965 classic Oldsmobile to take us on a sunset tour of Havana. He met us at the ship and we spent 3 hours touring the area and it was awesome, our driver was a legend, well informed and excellent English. The total cost for 3 hours including a tip was $100.

We found it to be one of those places where you can literally just absorb the culture and atmosphere.

The Cuban people are the nicest, kindest, most friendly people ever. Havana is wonderful. It is, of course, a world heritage site and when you see it, you will understand why. The local taxi drivers will show you round:- i.e., Hemmingways Bar, Revolution Square, past the old buildings that make you think of old Spanish colonial buildings, crumbling. Drink it all in, with a lovely cool mojito.