p&o cabins

angelic121

HI,

We are looking at travelling next year on p&o but will have a 1 yr old and a 3 year old. We were wondering if anyone knew what cabins you can book? odviously the 3yr old will be too young for the upper berths and the 1yr will be in a travel cot.

Thanks for any help people can give.

Your best bet would probably be a superior delux balcony. This would give the 3 year old a sofa bed and space to put up a travel cot for the youngest. The sofa bed when pulled out will block access to the balcony as it is directly in front of the balcony doors. We have only travelled on the Azura and this had a bolt right at the top of the balcony door which would be too high for the 3 year old to reach so there would be no chance of any "escapes".

As far as I am aware the 3rd berth in all other cabin grades (except suites) would be upper berths which I would hesitate to put a 3 year old in, even with a bed guard which I gather they can provide.

In the cabins the wardrobe is open but sort of blocked off from the room. If you look at pics you'll see what I mean. We (and lots of others) put the travel "in" the wardrobe. That way it's sort of separate from the main room. Just don't hang any clothes over it - you don't want anything falling on the baby. This was great and meant we could have a light on etc without disturbing the baby too much. This year our daughter will be out of the cot but we are taking a ready bed for her to sleep on the floor as none of us want to sleep on the top berth!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums