Liberty issue 10/31 sailing

Razor_Poke

My son and DIL are driving right now to Galveston. They are a bit apprehensive anyway since it's his first cruise without us and her first one period.

They just got a message from Carnival that the ship is experiencing a technical issue and there will be an update tomorrow morning.

Does anyone here know what might be going on? I would hate for their honeymoon to be ruined.

Thanks in advance

Just saw post by John Heald stating they don't expect the ship to be at Galveston until 6 PM tomorrow evening, and they expect to issue an update at 10 AM tomorrow morning. :( We were in Galveston a few years ago when Triumph had her engine fire. It became, for us, the cruise that wasn't. We decided to make a family trip to San Antonio, instead. Carnival did a great job taking care of us, post cruise............so I hope everything works out well for the folks scheduled to sail tomorrow.

No fun reading the FB thread. Lots of opinion and speculation but little real info[emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They might want to check out the Pier (Pleasure Pier iirc) it's a fun and snall amusement park. Or wander the beach. It sounds like they might have some extra time before boarding.

If the itinerary happens to get modified they will want to gather any private excursion contact info...to touch base with those tour operators.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

Carnival just sent out a text message with the following info:

"Carnival Liberty will arrive at 4:30PM. Check-in for your cruise is now set from 7PM to 10PM. We're sorry to say we will need to cancel our call into Progreso. Guests who sail will receive a $15 lunch credit, $50 per person on board credit and a 25% future cruise discount*. Please note we are returning to Galveston at 4PM on 11/5. You will receive full details at embarkation. We apologize for this change."

I sail on the November 5th cruise which will also be delayed :(

Update

Carnival Liberty will arrive at 4:30PM. Check-in for your cruise is now set from 7PM to 10PM. We're sorry to say we will need to cancel our call into Progreso. Guests who sail will receive a $15 lunch credit, $50 per person on board credit and a 25% future cruise discount*. Please note we are returning to Galveston at 4PM on 11/5. You will receive full details at embarkation. We apologize for this change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it be a stretch to guess that they might not get this fixed for a while, and that additional November sailings might also be affected?

I'm on the November 14 cruise. First time cruiser so it's hard to get upset about it, if it ends up being the case, since I won't know what I'm missing...

I sailed on the Oct 17-22 sailing of the Liberty and we experienced the EXACT same issue leaving Galveston, TX..we were delayed about 1 leaving that day..bc of this our ports were switched around..we also hit some bad weather and waves coming home on last sea day (waves were so bad shows were cancelled for safety reason) so we were about 2 hours late getting back into Galveston that day..I thought this would have been fixed by now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

What is actually the issue, Thrusters, engine or what.......We were on Liberty last summer out of Puerto Rico and they were having thruster problems then and we still had a good time, just don't understand if it is thruster why it is slowing the ship down... I understand missing a port, but why would it be late next trip and so on and so on......

It appears they're down to one engine which is keeping them from being able to reach full speed that is why the October 31 sailing is being delayed in skipping Progresso as a port also it will now affect the number fifth sailing as the October 31 sailing isn't set to arrive back into Galveston until November 5 at 4 PM although the November 5 sailing has not received any official notification yet from Carnival. We are on the November 5 selling ourselves so we been following this closely on all the boards

This isn't good because we are the November 26th sailing, the one right before it goes into dry dock.....

We were on the Destiny back in the day when they had propulsion issues and our cruise was not affected by it and but the sailings before and after ours were affected.

I hope they fix this problem because I have been waiting for this cruise for almost a year! And our cruise is the last one before dry dock....

The ship will be arriving late into port on November 5th and since we will be busy saying good bye to our guests from the previous cruise, check-in will take place from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. We will sail shortly after the safety briefing has been conducted. Unfortunately, we will be forced to cancel our call to Progresso. We know how much you were looking forward to this port and sincerely apologize for this change.

revised itinerary:

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

SAT Galveston, TX 4:00 PM 11:00 PM

SUN Fun Day at Sea

MON Fun Day at Sea

TUE Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

WED Fun Day at Sea

THU Galveston, TX 4:00 PM

Given the overall impact to your cruise, we will be providing guests who sail with us a $50 per person credit to your Sail and Sign account. We would also like to invite you on another 2-5 day Carnival cruise where we will gladly apply a 25% discount* to your next reservation.

Wife and I are currently on this cruise, waiting to debark in Galveston now (6:10 pm). The initial delay started around 7pm on day of embarkation. A lady broke her ankle on the Lido Deck Sail Away party, causing us to turn around back to Galveston, and taking off again around 9:30pm. Traveling at full speed to Cozumel, the back up generator failed causing Liberty unable to reach top speeds. Delaying the Cozumel visit from a scheduled 9am to 4pm instead. We didn't leave Cozumel until 7:30 pm. And here we are now. I'll make a review over the trip very soon