Connecting Mini-Suites?

jkneern

So we just were offered an upgrade to connecting Mini-suites on BA. Wondering where the door is located inside the room? Looks like one room has the bed by the balcony and the other room has the sofa there? Anyone had a connecting room? Also, I was told they will open the balconys up too?

Not entirely sure where the connecting door is within the room but I am assuming you will be on deck 12. The "family" floor. Also if you look on deck plans the triangle symbol indicates 3 people capacity and the bed is by the closet. The + symbol indicates a 4 person capacity & you'll have the bed near the balcony doors. I am certain a connecting room can in fact open up their balcony dividers. Also if you are in mini suites, deck 12 you have a bath tub/shower. Enjoy!

Edited to add: Just curious what your category was before this offer? Do you mind sharing what category you were in versus what the upsell offer was? Did they call you or you call them or receive an email? I ask because we are scheduled to sail on the BA in January. We are in a mini suite with balcony but are open to upsell offers once sailing is closer. Thanks!

Edited by kiminey65
need to add more information

Not entirely sure where the connecting door is within the room but I am assuming you will be on deck 12. The "family" floor. Also if you look on deck plans the triangle symbol indicates 3 people capacity and the bed is by the closet. The + symbol indicates a 4 person capacity & you'll have the bed near the balcony doors. I am certain a connecting room can in fact open up their balcony dividers. Also if you are in mini suites, deck 12 you have a bath tub/shower. Enjoy!

Edited to add: Just curious what your category was before this offer? Do you mind sharing what category you were in versus what the upsell offer was? Did they call you or you call them or receive an email? I ask because we are scheduled to sail on the BA in January. We are in a mini suite with balcony but are open to upsell offers once sailing is closer. Thanks!

Well, actually we were in balconys(BA) next to each other. I called to inquire about moving to connecting rooms (we are going with my DD, DSIL and 3 children) but didn't want to lose our Perks (kids free, UBP and UDP). Since there was a price drop, we were offered the Mini Suites. A great deal since even with the price drop, kids are no longer free so the cost for what we had would have been more.;)

So we just were offered an upgrade to connecting Mini-suites on BA. Wondering where the door is located inside the room? Looks like one room has the bed by the balcony and the other room has the sofa there? Anyone had a connecting room? Also, I was told they will open the balconys up too?

I've cruised a number of times in connected mini-suites on Breakaway. The connecting door is on the wall that the beds are NOT on; the straight wall between the cabins. It's opposite the area of the room that is right past the bathroom wall. There are two doors so people in each room can decide if they are open or locked. The connecting doors fasten to the wall with magnets when you want to leave them open.

You'll need to ask your steward to unlock them initially but they'll leave them unlocked for the cruise.

I've never been able to get anyone to take down the connecting wall between the balconies. They always tell me it's a safety issue. A travel agent might tell you they will but I've never found out how to get it done.

They probably will not open it. However, I did one cruise when my parents were next to us. I just closed the door each time and braced it with a chair.

How to: so the "key" is a square. To open it, bring a corkscrew and then go get 2-3 wooden coffee stirrers on board. Place the stirrer in the hole and then twist with the corkscrew.It takes a few minutes but it will open.

The double balcony is nice

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by BrPanthers99

They probably will not open it. However, I did one cruise when my parents were next to us. I just closed the door each time and braced it with a chair.

How to: so the "key" is a square. To open it, bring a corkscrew and then go get 2-3 wooden coffee stirrers on board. Place the stirrer in the hole and then twist with the corkscrew.It takes a few minutes but it will open.

The double balcony is nice

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the tip!!

Sent from my iPad using Forumsth

Edited by CraigJB