VFIP, Family & Friends, Early Saver, Florida Residence

sweets2323

Which one do you think is better if you were given a choice.

I read that prices doesn't always go down on early saver and it depends on the sale that allows the price to go down; slash prices will not allow an early saver purchase to change. Is that true? Also, early saver prices may be more money. I have to ask the Cruise Critic family.

I can also get family & friends price, but I believe you are stuck with that price and its not the easiest to communicate with a rep over the phone once you book family & friends if there is an issue.

VFIP and Florida resident, I see prices on there but I swear the prices are always the same as the regular prices.

Hard to really say which is "better" depends on your circumstances and if you are 100% sure you are going to be able to cruise on that sailing.

Often it makes sense to book under one rate and then switch to ES when your plans are more concrete.

I won't book ES unless the savings is $50 or more, which is the amount of the penalty if I have to cancel. That's just my rule of thumb.

Edited by BuckeyeCruiseGuy

If it's still available you can

They even have a rate called early saver last call

More info

Early Saver is available up to 3 months prior to sailing for short cruises (3-5 days) and 5 months prior to sailing for long cruises (6 days and longer). Early Saver guests are eligible for price protection up to 2 business days prior to sailing. On select sailings, the extension will be accomplished by introducing Early Saver Last Call which will follow the same guidelines as Early Saver. Simultaneously, Early Saver will close at 3 and 5 months prior to sailing, while Early Saver Last Call will become available (capacity controlled).

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2705/~/early-saver-and-early-saver-last-call-promotions

Edited by BuckeyeCruiseGuy