HELP - stingray city - NICE boat

CMVAC

Could anyone recommend a Stingray City charter who has pretty nice boats? We had done Don Fosters through Princess once before and liked the boat alot but they have a minimum age of 9 and we have two kids younger than that. Then we did Nativeway and while the people were wonderful, we felt that the boat was nothing like the Don Fosters boat. Bathroom was pretty creepy. I am just looking for something between the two. We will have 9 of us and want to book ourselves instead of through the ship but want a boat a little nicer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you are looking for a private boat, here is a thread that tells about the Red Baron. The link to his website is included in the thread. Our friends chartered that boat and had a marvelous time. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=201689&highlight=red+baron

We went on Captain Bryan's Buccaneer and had a wonderful time, too.

Have fun! Stingray City is on my "top 5 things I have done" list.

I wish I could tell you which of the Nativeway boats we had. They may have several boats and they may not all be like that. It wasn't horrible so please don't get me wrong. It was a basic snorkel boat with the two tiered deck. The people running it were great and the video tape was great. All in all we had a good experience but my husband prefered the boat from Don Foster's better. The bathroom on the Nativeway boat was below deck, and very dark, my dauther said she recalls the door didn't lock. I don't remember specifically what made it creepy, but my 5 year old was afraid to use it. Don Fosters' bathroom was on the main deck and was just nicer. Having been boater my whole life, I don't expect a large bathroom on any boat but this one was just a step above an outhouse. I know that makes me sound snobby but I'm really not. I would use Nativeway again, but figured I'd do a little more research this time and see if we can find a nicer boat. There will be nine of us this time.

adelle,

Just saw a photo in another thread of the boat as they were boarding. That looks like the boat we were on too. You went down the stairs by the captain and the head was on the left just below where the captain pilots the boat. Like I said, I could just be picky so don't put too much weight on what I said. Perhaps they are all like that and since I don't have alot of snorkel experience, could just be me.

Thanks for the reply. I will take a little flashlight for the 5 year old who tends to scare easily. We will all be family on our charter so ok about the lock. We can just warn each other. As long as the bathroom is clean, I am ok.

Adelle

Archived