Le Galion questions

lcumpire

We are 3 couples 65-75 looking for a quiet beach day and I came across Le Galion beach.

Should we just take a taxi to and from the ship?

Can we rent loungers and umbrellas?

Is there a restaurant for lunch?

Thanx

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just recently stayed in St. Maarten for a week in October and we went to La Galion beach when we were on a cruise last year. La Galion beach is more a local family oriented beach. I don't remember whether or not we rented umbrellas or chairs. They did have a little outdoor place to get food. Our favorite beach is just on the other side of Maho Beach, Mullet Beach. It's quiet and beautiful. You will hear the planes going over but it's not bothersome. They have someone cooking BBQ on site, very good. Ribs, chicken, fish etc. You can rent an umbrella and two chairs for $15. You can take a bus from Philipsburg for $4 each way per person. Someone will direct you where to catch the bus. They are little mini vans and just get on one that says Maho. Tell them you want to go to Mullet beach. Don't be afraid, it is the last stop, about 20 minutes. .ac0d85f43253cee78c46c613649512f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mullet Bay beach is a lovely beach.

Not sure when the above picture above was taken but it does not depict the beach that I saw on 4 or 5 occasions earlier this month.

This beach gets two or three catamarans at a time when ships are in port.

I think that the end of LeGallion away from the children's pool and closer to the restaurant and restroom would be a nice spot for seniors. Its a very calm and shallow beach and there is no drop down to the water or in the water.

Yes to taxi and yes to beach rentals and restaurant. Facilities on Mondays during low season are closed.

Edited by Karysa

If you were referring to my post, I don't think that reservations are necessary.

gary

I was thanking you - there will be 6 ships in port that day so I am going to try to get reservations for the loungers and umbrells

Sent from my iPad using Forums