Bringing liquids on board since the ban

I know two people who were kicked out of alcoholic halfway houses for drinking mouthwash, which is 20% alcohol. For some children it is their gateway drug (Charlie Harper). Just because it is not supposed to be a beverage, does not mean that it is not. Drinking mouthwash is a lot cheaper than buying alcohol on the ship. I had to ask three people before I got permission to bring the mouthwash on the ship. I got the idea that if duty free still had mouthwash I would not be given permission to bring my own in from the port. If they allowed it, can imagine people bringing huge bottles of supposed mouthwash on the ship, with a note from their dentist that they have halitosis.

100% irrelevant. Alcoholics have also been know to melt down shoe polish and drink it.

That perk is not always offered and some people like to make drinks in their cabin, not sure why that is a problem.

according to your signature, you haven't sailed in over 10 years and only once on NCL. The world has changed in 10 years.

And yet 10 years later, there are still plenty of cabin categories that do NOT come with ANY perks.

For example, if you choose any of the guarantee cabin categories, you currently get NO perks.

If someone doesn't drink enough to warrant purchasing an outrageously priced beverage package, but wants to make a few drinks in their room, they actually SELL bottles with mixers and a bar set-up for your room. (You have to order it and pay ahead of time from NCL.) We paid $80 for a bottle of vodka with mixers and a bar set-up on our last cruise (we didn't have a beverage package). It made many nice drinks. We still bought a couple of bottles of wine for dinner, and other occasional drinks when we wanted them. It ended up costing us half of what it would have for the drink package at the time.

We don't advocate smuggling anything on board. But there are other ways to drink if you don't have or don't want to purchase a drink package.

I looked into adding the UBP to my booking, it would have been over $1000 CDN for the 11 day cruise I'm on this summer on the Spirit (I went with the Canadian at Par deal, so no perks other than Latitude Offers).

Sounds like I'll be drinking in the ports :P

Edited by WanderlustJourney