How to get to Miami from FLL

bdub

Need a little help please... 3 of us arriving to FLL on Saturday for a Sunday cruise... we will be staying 1 night in Miami... what is the most economical way to get to Miami and then the port on Sunday?... Taxi, rental or other? thanks for the advice in advance!

By far the most economical way would be a car rental. Its an ez drive, especially on the weekend. Car rentals are simple to pick-up at FLL and just as simple to drop off at MIA with no drop off charges. Try to find a rental company that has a shuttle from MIA to the port.;)

Yes, Tri-Rail is cheap, but it's a major pain, especially with luggage! You'll need to take a bus or cab from FLL to the train station, then when you get to the station in Miami you'd have to take a long somewhat expensive cab ride, or take MetroRail through some of the nastiest neighborhoods in Miami!!! I do NOT recommend anyone do that unless you don't care if you lose your luggage, or your life. It's simply NOT a safe option for tourists!

If you didn't want to rent a car, then the next cheapest SAFE option in most cases is Tri-County/Airport Express' shared van service... http://www.floridalimo.com/

In March of 2004, I rented from Thrifty in Fll and returned 24 hours latter at Mia airport. Then I took their free shuttle to the port. Including all taxes and charges ( I declined insurance, I have it) it cost me 74.00 for a convertible. This was for my DH, myself and two kids. It was cheap and we had a blast coming from snow country to enjoy the top down. Luggage is tight in a convertible and the kids had to put a big suitcase between them in the back seat but it was worth it. Have booked the same thing for this March.

:)

Archived