How soon to book?

konahilo

We are planning a trip in June 06 and haven't really made any firm decisions except that we are going on Carnival and it will be in the Caribbean. After doing some research lately, I'm kinda freaking out and thinking we should get on the ball. When should our deadline be? We need to go late June. Thanks!

We are planning a trip in June 06 and haven't really made any firm decisions except that we are going on Carnival and it will be in the Caribbean. After doing some research lately, I'm kinda freaking out and thinking we should get on the ball. When should our deadline be? We need to go late June. Thanks!

You are probably late already for the best pricing and room selections. I am already looking at June of 2007 and they are only booking thru April 2007.get on that ball.

Steve

Generally, I think it is never too early to book a cruise. Since your deposit is refundable up to 60 days before the cruise, you really have nothing to lose. I don't know of many times cruise rates go down, so booking early is good in that way also.

Welcome to Cruise Critics! You will learn lots about the ships and the ports of call here.

We usually book about 2 months before. We have booked 2 weeks before also. Most cruises do not sell out, so wait until the price is right. Most of the time the price goes down about 1 month before and you can get last minute specials:D

The last 3 cruises I have been on have sold out in advance, one was sold out almost 6 months in advance. You are looking at June, which is summer and when kids get out of school, so it is a busy time. Our October 06 cruise is already selling out of certain categories... Book as soon as you can. Cruises during popular times seem to go up in price the closer you get... it can't hurt you to book as early as possible... good luck!

We usually book about 2 months before. We have booked 2 weeks before also. Most cruises do not sell out, so wait until the price is right. Most of the time the price goes down about 1 month before and you can get last minute specials:D

This is good advice if the OP was going in January but they want to go in June when schools are out. That is prime cruise time.Ships will sell out well in advance. Book ASAP!

Bill

My last three cruises only went up in price by almost 250pp and most all of them have sold out.

Book now and watch the price-- make sure the agent you are booking with will give you any price reductions that come along- you want the price reduction up til sailing. Some only offer to final payment then you get nothing.

We are booked for Feb 2007. Its never too early. Booking early gives you choice of cabins and dining asignments.

I'm going in 1st week of July and we booked last month. I'm looking out for price drops and we did the guarantee. All I suggest is if you're going through a TA wait until they have a Cruise Fair if you haven't missed it already. They do different ones based on Cruise Lines, they tend to offer specials. And this definitely gives you more time to check into other happenings like what shall we do, more time to read the boards, day before arrival actiities and so on. You get the picture? Let the excitement get going !!!!!!

We're going in early May and booked several weeks ago. It's not prime sailing time, but we absolutely had to sail on certain dates, so we wanted to make sure we could get a seat on the bus, as it were. As others said, you really can't book too early, especially if you're going during prime time.

If you are sailing in June, book it, the prices will not go down. I sail during that time and have watched the prices like a hawk and as time goes one, they go up, if anything, but not down. That's because they sell out (it's peak time). By booking now, you can get a good room.

I booked my 6/18/06 Valor cruise last March (partially because I had to use up my CCL credit car dollars).

By booking that early, I was able to get a 1a cabin for the kiddies that has a porthole for less than a 4a inside (these can be hard to get during peak times).

The price hasn't budged since I booked (and I check weekly!).

Archived