Thinking about Monarch with a YOUNG 13 year old.

Hi everyone:

We're thinking of taking the Monarch on March 27th with our daughter who will have just turned 13. Yes I'm extremely cautious but she is trying to spread some wings. I'm wondering about the 13 year old program. Any comments - should I feel comfortable allowing her to go by herself?

Thanks for your comments.

Have not been on the Monarch but I have taken DD on sovereign. I think it's 12-14 and then 15-17. So she will be in the middle in her age group. The big thing is they can come and go as they please. So if they are bored they don't have to let you know they just leave. We took 2 way radios, but then DD hardly used them. She made friends the first night and so they were always together. I would either walk her to the club or walk her to the meeting point. Then when she was coming in at the 1am curfew she would call me on the 2way and I would meet her by the stiars. I did not want her walking to the room by herself. One of the girls cabins was down the hall from us, so they would walk there together and I would walk towards their cabin and meet her. I just didn't want her walking alone to the cabin. We were way up front. The last time we got a cabin 3 doors in from the stairs, worked much better! We set ground rules and as long as she followed those rules she was allowed to hang out with the other kids. It is hard the first time to let them stay out that late.

Archived