Balcony or interior room on vista

Crgreen0524

We are splurging on an extended balcony for the Panama Canal transit so we decided to be frugal on the Vista and get an interior. We booked a deck 9 4J room which is priced as an interior, but is in the front of the ship and has a window. There is a door close to the cabin where you can walk out to a small deck area. There are no chairs (only a wooden bench) on those decks. We like 4J interiors better than those with no natural light. We have been in 4J, regular interiors, balcony rooms, and extended balcony rooms and have enjoyed all the cruises. TWice we even booked a guaranteed interior when the base cruise price was $39 per person per day for 2 of us.

I am trying to debate on getting a balcony and interior for my family or 2 interior rooms. We are going on the Vista and have never splurged for a balcony. Is it worth the extra $$$?

A balcony is always worth it. We used to only cruise in suites, until I realized it was the balcony, and not the space, that made the vacation.

• 3 weeks later...

We only book balcony cabins as that has become part of the overall cruising experience for us. There is nothing like having that little piece of real estate all to your self, morning coffee and pastries watching the sun rise or evening wine watching the sun set, pulling into port, reading a book, talking with your spouse and toasting each other, a pleasant place to wait while waiting for others to dress, waiting for your toddler to wake from their nap while you enjoy some sun on the balcony etc....;)......it is so worth it!!!!

My husband and I have done both, and they both have their perks. We love the balcony cabins because of the view, and as someone else said, my husband enjoys going out on the balcony and reading while I get ready. At times we prefer the inside cabin for a few different reasons, we don't have to endure the slamming of balcony doors at ungodly hours and we like how dark the room is during the night and early morning hours. We sail out on the Vista on the 11th of February and opted for an inside cabin this time because of these reasons, next time it may be the balcony.