First Time looking at Alaska Cruise

pajazz28

The great thing about CC is that it is all based on opinions.

For the person who is planning their first (possibly only) AK cruise that wants to see a glacier, they would probably be disappointed if their Hubbard Glacier viewing was not successful or if their Tracy Arm was only able to see a sliver of the glacier.

Meanwhile glacier viewing in Glacier Bay is guaranteed. (Beyond the fact that it is a World Heritage Site.)

For me going to Alaska on an inside passage cruise and not seeing a tidal glacier is akin to going to Paris France & not seeing the Eiffel Tower.

If you know that you will return to try again, then sure choose a sailing that omits Glacier Bay.

• 4 months later...
Was in Alaska first time 1.5 years ago. We chose Seattle-Seattle 7 day on Celebrity Solstice. Spent 2 day before and after in Seattle. Amazing city. It was a great time for a first visit to Alaska.Did the inside passage. TracyArm was amazing. Did all my excursions on my own,two of which were bucket list for me, Did a 4 seater Floatplane,to see Bears, Helicopter to go dog sledding in the snow with extra landing on Hubbard Glacier. Took the Bus/Train tour up to Frazier. BC.. It was the best first trip to Alaska for me. Next time going to Fairbanks.

What Cities did you do the Floatplane and helicopter and with what company?