Hi - been on lots of cruises on other lines whereby any visas required for various ports were arranged by the ship. Off on the Thomson Celebration on 30th Jan on the Arabian Nights intinery visiting Dubai (UAE), Doha (Qatar), Muscat (Oman), Khor Fakkan (UAE), and Abu Dhabi (UAE). Does anyone know if Thomson operate the same system regarding visas? Tried to find the information out on the Thomsons website but just gives general advice for all packages that they sell that it is the passengers responsibility to obtain visas.

Just came back from Celebration. UAE and Oman were sorted by the ship.

In Oman our passports were stamped whilst the ship had them.

For UAE we had to been seen by the Immigration officers at the port in Khor Fakkan and Dubai.

(assume you have a UK passport)

Didn't do Qatar.

Thank you both - first time on a Thomson's ship so wanted to check. As I said we have done a fair few cruises on a number of the American lines but Thomson's had the intinery I wanted and a week in Dubai to follow at the right price. A little apprehensive but many of the posters on here seem to enjoy their experience and it will be two weeks in the sunshine!

I am doing back to back Middle East cruises in March I asked my TA about visas did not sound convincing when they said the ship would do them for us so I rang H/O they confirmed the ship will be doing them I had this sent over by email which I have kept and will be taking with me (just in case). I was also on Discovery in November and popped along to Destinations deck and asked them they also confirmed ship will do them, so I think I have covered all bases.I know these are new destinations for Thomson but I have been cruising with them for 27 years and if nothing else they are very good at organising. Hope you have a good cruise.