Taxi Options for Orient Beach

clr9rb

Hi,

I am traveling with a large group to St. Maarten in January (group of 17) on teh Carnival Fascination. We would like to go to Orient Beach but wanted some information on taxi's. I know that the prices are regulated by the government but was wondering if anyone knew recent prices to get from the cruise port to Orient Beach? Are there options for a group this large to get a discount/cheaper price on the rate? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I think that the easiest way to and from Orient for our group is a taxi. Just fill up regular taxis going to Orient. It should cost about $7pp each way. This gives the best flexibility in case some people change their minds and chose to cut the day short and add shopping in town ect. There are taxis at both the pier and orient so transportation will not be an issue.

what karysa said.

I think the fare may be up to $8 now, but your group could hopefully split 9/8 and get two of your own taxis. The fare break is at 6 or more.

Lot's of taxis available at Orient, as karysa suggests, so don't bother to make arrangements for a return ride.

gary