Help Please? Problem with shore excursion post Liberty/Valor switch

keever11

I am beyond frustrated at this point, and at a loss as to how to get this fixed. I'd love to hear any suggestions.

I booked an excursion for our Bahamas cruise back in October using $71 in gift cards (balance on gift card after paying off cruise) and $128 on a credit card. One week after I booked the excursion, the price for the excursion was raised by $10/pp.

When ship change was announced, Carnival assured everyone that all excursions, etc would be automatically transferred. Several days later, I got an email stating that my excursion was cancelled. Again, Carnival assured me that everything would be transferred, and my reservations were fine. Late November, I noticed the $128 refunded back to my credit card. There was no refund of the gift card balance. I called Carnival to express concern about the refund because I only received the credit card portion, and my credit card expired at the end of November which would make it difficult for them to recharge that. I was told that everything would be straightened out by the end of November, and I shouldn't worry about it. Since then, I have called at least once a week. Each time the customer service agent verifies my email and phone,and says that they'll follow up after contacting other departments, and that I should hear back by xxx date. Whatever date they give me always comes and goes with no further contact from Carnival. Then the cycle seems to start again.

Does anyone out there have any thoughts on how I can get my excursion back? Or the gift card balance? Something? Thanks for any help offered.