ISO: DVC Points

sthb23

Hi,

Happily we had to cancel our upcoming cruise on Oasis as we are expecting our third child in May.

We are planning to take the family to Boardwalk Villas for the week of November 26th, 2017 - December 2, 2017.

Is there anyone on these boards who would like to rent me their DVC points.

We need 73 points and I am willing to pay a fair price.

I prefer to work directly with a DVC member rather than go through one of the DVC rental agencies.

THanks in advance,

Brian

The problem you have at this time is that only someone who owns at your chosen resort can book this early. Owners can book at the resort where they own 11 months in advance; we can book at all other resorts 7 months in advance. SO, if you don't get anyone at this time, try again beginning at 7 months before your planned trip when the pool of owners who can book for you will increase greatly.

I'm sure there are sites renting for that amount, but if the owner considers both the dues rate and the "per point" purchase price per use year, that rental rate is a little low....depending on when they purchased, any perks at time of purchase, etc.

Yes, I'm well aware that there are owners who view their purchase price as "water under the bridge" and are happy to rent for enough to cover their dues.

What I'm trying to say here is that a rental rate of $15 is not someone being a jerk or price gouging--that may be an very accurate representation of what it cost the owner to acquire that point.

I'm sure there are sites renting for that amount' date=' but if the owner considers both the dues rate and the "per point" purchase price per use year, that rental rate is a little low....depending on when they purchased, any perks at time of purchase, etc.

Yes, I'm well aware that there are owners who view their purchase price as "water under the bridge" and are happy to rent for enough to cover their dues.

What I'm trying to say here is that a rental rate of $15 is not someone being a jerk or price gouging--that may be an very accurate representation of what it cost the owner to acquire that point.[/quote']

Not sure where I made any judgement about price gauging, I was just passing on my experiences. I've rented out points numerous times. For a long time it was $10/point, then it climbed as popularity of renting increased. For the renter, I'd assume he'd want the best deal possible and for the rentee, if they can get more, all the more power to them. It's always a matter of supply versus demand.