Thomson Dream

Looking at booking the Aegean Maze next October flying from Exeter to Corfu.

I've read real mixed reviews on the Thomson Dream. but I have also read that it's just going into dry dock, will this be a full refurbishment programme and address the concerns over how tired the ship is looking, maintenance issues and general wear and tear.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

It had a makeover for its Caribbean season, it is old but it has great character nice cabins good atmosphere, food and staff. We like the layout with all entertainment on on deck and have been cruising on her from day one and will be on her again in April next year. You will find both good and bad reviews but IMO we love the ship and the Aegean has some lovely ports. Hope this helps and if you decide to go have a good cruise.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

We loved the Dream. The lounge area has just had new carpet and furniture. I don't think the ship looks tired.

The entertainment crew are amazing. The shows are great. Food was pretty good, as was service.

We would go on her again.

As far as the ship goes it has nice large cabins, and excellent theatre views from all seating.

It has its fair share of plumbing problems e.g. toilets overflowing et cetera.

Quite a few cabins have a bath with shower above which is very useful.

Layout in buffet restaurant not the best. Often unable to get a seat due to access to certain areas MDR very good though food is only average.

Easily the best ship to get cruise cough on. On transatlantic crossing in December 2014 virtually everybody had a cough and worse, some walking around with a drip lines in their hands for their daily trip to the medical department.

Have sailed on the Dream twice and had cruise cough both times, must be something in the air-conditioning system. Been on the Majesty four times and never had a problem along those lines.

Personally would never go on the Dream again but others think it is wonderful and keep returning to it. I guess the only way to find out is to try it yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just back and as our first cruise we had little to compare. We were dubious from some comments.

We had a premium outside cabin and no toilet/bath issues, masses of storage and were very impressed.

All the public areas were classy. The lido is a buffet so has a cafeteria feel but this isnt helped by people eating off their yellow plastic trays! Open seating in the Orion is the answer and you are made to feel special.

Er i think the Queen also has cruise cough. Our locality had it before the cruise and the Daily Mail commented how the whole country was coming down with it. Sanitisers are everywhere and no novovirus. We got our bug on the plane out of Gatwick!

We lost count of the crew painting around the ship, it was pristine. Worry not and if you take port tours you will probably have little time to use the facilities due to early starts!

Its smaller size means you can feel more like a family and it doesn't take a day to get off the ship!

We have been on Dream 5 times and hoping to go on her again this year. Neither of us ever caught a cough on it. Prefer the Dream layout to other Thomson ships especially deck 8 for the entertainment and the pool area at the back on deck 9 which is much more open and not surrounded/enclosed as lots of ships' pools are.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Nice to hear of good experiences on the Dream. That is why it is important to try the ships yourself. Friends of ours went on maiden voyage of Ventura and hated it, we went on it last April and loved it. Having been on over 20 cruises we have

never had a bad one, some ships appeal more than others.

On our last trip on the Dream TA in 2014, first four days of 19 day cruise it's Sports deck was being converted to a Sundeck. A lot of new crewmembers had joined the ship after refit and did not seem to be fully trained up.

Since taking Boots cold and flu relief have never had any trouble with coughs either on the ship or aeroplane.

On Discovery at end of this month for 2weeks and looking forward to cough free holiday.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Forums