first time cruise valor january 23

LAfirstcruise

i also wondered if anyone else has had problems with the switch over from Liberty to the Valor.? i had purchased water for my room and a soda package for my child and it has disappeared. i waited a couple of weeks for them to work out the kinks in the move but after 5 phone calls they decided i had never ordered it. The sixth person i spoke to said yes he saw that i had just cancelled these purchases the night before.....3 months after the original purchase date. i was happy that at least they could see that i really had bought them i am irritated that i am having to go through months of bank statements trying to see if they credited my account or not. we have added several guests to our bookings and my daughters room has shuffled around a couple of times but my purchases always showed up when she was in her new room, until the switch to the Valor.

would like to speak to anyone else that is sailing Valor January 23, 2017. this will be my familys first cruise. Couldnt find my cruise on the roll call:)

My wife and I will be on this cruise with you.

i also wondered if anyone else has had problems with the switch over from Liberty to the Valor.? i had purchased water for my room and a soda package for my child and it has disappeared. i waited a couple of weeks for them to work out the kinks in the move but after 5 phone calls they decided i had never ordered it. The sixth person i spoke to said yes he saw that i had just cancelled these purchases the night before.....3 months after the original purchase date. i was happy that at least they could see that i really had bought them i am irritated that i am having to go through months of bank statements trying to see if they credited my account or not. we have added several guests to our bookings and my daughters room has shuffled around a couple of times but my purchases always showed up when she was in her new room, until the switch to the Valor.

LAfirstcruise, I've also had problems with the ship switch only were supposed to be on Valor, and now we're on Liberty. I've come to the conclusion that Carnival must have some sort of massive internal communication problem because nothing ever seems to get resolved. I tried asking about it here last week looking for suggestions on how to get everything straightened out, but didn't get much in response. I'm still working on getting my own problems worked out, but I think I might have found someone that is willing to listen and help by emailing Carnival at guestsolutionssupport@carnival.com. Good luck!

Sent from my XT1096 using Forums mobile app

Hello All,

Sorry for posting my question in this thread. I could not get option to post new thread.

I have booked valor for me and my daughter, it is five nights trip, from Galvaston. Itinerary is Jan 14th to 19th with two ports Cozumel and Pregresso. This is our first curise and we need to drive from Dallas.

We are planning to start at 6.00 AM on 14th from Dallas. Check in is at 2.30 PM. We never been to Houston. We both are totally new to this route.

I am hoping we reach there by 1.00 PM. Please let us know if we are thinking wrong.

And we do not know what excursion we should book? and what else we need to book inside ship?

Please guide us.

Thanks

anak

Hello All,

Sorry for posting my question in this thread. I could not get option to post new thread.

I have booked valor for me and my daughter, it is five nights trip, from Galvaston. Itinerary is Jan 14th to 19th with two ports Cozumel and Pregresso. This is our first curise and we need to drive from Dallas.

We are planning to start at 6.00 AM on 14th from Dallas. Check in is at 2.30 PM. We never been to Houston. We both are totally new to this route.

I am hoping we reach there by 1.00 PM. Please let us know if we are thinking wrong.

And we do not know what excursion we should book? and what else we need to book inside ship?

Please guide us.

Thanks

anak

Your cruise may have switched to Liberty as experienced by others. Better for you to call Carnival to confirm.

Edited by easyboy

Hello All,

Please guide us.

Thanks

anak

On the Cruise Carnival Cruise Forum (from where you got on this thread), there is a "New Thread" button at the top frame before the Thread List. Just click on it and post your new thread post. Be sure to type in your Title that describes the message you want to send regarding your post.

Hello All,

Please guide us.

Thanks

anak

You shouldn't have any problem getting there on time if you leave at 6:00 am, we live in Denton and it's about a 5.5 hr trip.

Depending on what you like to do, there are lots of things to do in Cozumel, not so much in Progresso. In Cozumel we did the Twister boat through Carnival to Passion Island, it was a blast. In Progresso we've been to some of the ruins at Dzibilchaltun through Carnival also. Onboard we've booked the Chef's table once, nice experience and usually book the steakhouse for a couple of nights. Just really depends on what you like to do and how much money you want to spend. If you go to Carnivals website you can get an idea of what excursions are offered for each port.

Hello All,

Please guide us.

Thanks

anak

wrong thinking. go the day before and get a hotel. not worth the risk of missing the boat because of unfore seen delays. use Galveston as a port also. you'll love it.

We always go down the night before. Like others have said you never know what will happen on the trip down there. We like waking up in Galveston having breakfast in a no hurry type atmosphere then making our way over to the cruise terminal.

Hello All,

Please guide us.

Thanks

anak

We are coming from KS and stopping south of DFW Fri night. Plan to be on the road by 9AM to head to Galveston. Roads north may be icy until past OKC so we'll see. We feel confident if we leave Ennis, TX by 0900, we'll be at Port well before 1PM.

As others have said, the Carnival website has decent excursion info - first cruise so an official excursion is probably your safest bet. It looks to maybe rain when we're in Cozumel but still in the 80's. 90's in Progresso so keep that in mind too.

Whatever happens, just roll with it - you've invested good $ for your trip, don't let any inconveniences get you down. You're still basically at a posh hotel and are still basically being waited on hand and foot. It is what you make it. This will be our first on Carnival. Last family vaca as 3 of our 4 are seniors in HS this year. We figured Carnival will be more fun for the kids.

we're on the same cruise so here's to hoping for great weather and great fun!

Oh, check out the piano bar - those are always great fun in the later evening!!

RockChalkJayHawk!

would like to speak to anyone else that is sailing Valor January 23, 2017. this will be my familys first cruise. Couldnt find my cruise on the roll call:)

if you look in facebook there is one. it is - carnival valor januaryt 23, 2017. you will see the ship with freedom crossed out and valor written in.

lots of good info , good luck