Discovering St. Thomas & Magens Bay Excursion

ashjt44

Has anyone taken this excursion lately? I read in an older post that there are no beach chairs or towels at the beach they take you to. I was wondering if that was still the case. Thanks for any input!

Hi there.

I've been curious about this excursion as well. I can't seem to find out much from reviews, but I did email RCL excursions. You do have to pay for your chair rentals at Magens bay beach. There is a rental shack near some food concession stands there as well as some snorkel rental stuff I think. I believe there is a small bar/hut on the beach as well as washrooms.

I think the chair rental price is somewhere around $10 but am not entirely sure. It is a moderate sized beach and I'm sure you are aware of the many accolades it has received for being a calm beautiful beach. With the time I could be on this tour for we would be at Magens bay beach earlier in the day and more sightseeing later. I hope if I choose this tour, I hope that this would allow us a bit of an easier time getting chair rentals in a more prime spot.

Local tour operators do not include the $5 pp admission fee in their tours, whereas Discover St. Thomas has it included already.

Hope I haven't repeated information you already know and have been of some help.

If you are on your cruise before April 29th and take this Tour, I hope to hear how it was for you.