St. Thomas - Beach Bar Hopping Excursion

rcb5588

Hi everyone,

I was curious to see if anyone has done the beach bar hopping excursion in St. Thomas? I believe this is a new excursion because it doesn't have any reviews, and I don't recall seeing this other times that I have visited St. Thomas on Carnival.

If anyone has done this, please let me know what you thought of it! Thanks!

Here is the link to the excursion... https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/st-thomas-usvi/beach-bar-hopping-434128

In St.Thomas we (my dh and another couple) walked a couple blocks to a store selling rum. Picked up 3 bottles of flavor rum for 15 dollars then took a cab to a beautiful beach and drank the rum and swan in the ocean. It was a beautiful day and I would do that again next time I was in St.Thomas. My husband lost his shoes that day and had to walk back on the ship barefoot. It was a blast.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

In St.Thomas we (my dh and another couple) walked a couple blocks to a store selling rum. Picked up 3 bottles of flavor rum for 15 dollars then took a cab to a beautiful beach and drank the rum and swan in the ocean. It was a beautiful day and I would do that again next time I was in St.Thomas. My husband lost his shoes that day and had to walk back on the ship barefoot. It was a blast.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Yeah....that'll happen after 3 bottles of rum!! Been there, done that! :)

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone done this excursion yet?

We booked it for our upcoming Carnival Magic cruise and will be in St. Thomas on Feb. 28th. We did the Cozumel Bar Hop on our last cruise and it was awesome, so hopefully this one is as much fun.

Did notice that on Carnival's site for this excursion that it shows 1 of the bars as being "Beach Bar" in Sapphire Beach, but when trying to find it on Google it is showing as permanently closed, so hopefully they have a replacement already for it and just have not updated the Carnival site.

Well if nobody else has been on this excursion I will make sure I post a review when we get back from our cruise. :)

Has anyone done this excursion yet?

We booked it for our upcoming Carnival Magic cruise and will be in St. Thomas on Feb. 28th. We did the Cozumel Bar Hop on our last cruise and it was awesome, so hopefully this one is as much fun.

Did notice that on Carnival's site for this excursion that it shows 1 of the bars as being "Beach Bar" in Sapphire Beach, but when trying to find it on Google it is showing as permanently closed, so hopefully they have a replacement already for it and just have not updated the Carnival site.

Well if nobody else has been on this excursion I will make sure I post a review when we get back from our cruise. :)

Hi, sorry for the delayed response, but yes we did end up doing this excursion, which we thought was a lot of fun.

Our driver first took us on a drive up and down some of the steep streets of St. Thomas, and we stopped for a few minutes at a look out point to take some photos. After that we started the trek to all three beach bars. I can't remember the names of each of them, but I'm almost positive we went to Sapphire Beach first, but I can't be 100% certain on that. The first bar wasn't as "clean" as the other two, but it had a super fun vibe with a classic caribbean beach bar feel. The second two bars were at nicer, more upscale resorts (which is why I'm describing them as "cleaner"). All of the beaches were beautiful and all of the bars were a different experience.

Two things to note -

The driver definitely stuck to the schedule (around 30 minutes at each beach). One passenger on our bus was yelling at the driver saying it wasn't enough time, although it clearly described this in the description. Everyone else on the bus had a great time, and we were all singing along to the fun music the driver was playing. The last beach he gave us a little extra time to stay, probably around 45 minutes. The overall tour would probably be better if they headed straight to the beaches, rather than tour the island, but I guess driving around the steep streets is part of the St. Thomas experience while on a tour.

The second thing to note is that the "free drink" is limited to a certain selection. It was either domestic beers, or the bars signature mixed drink. I don't believe this was specified in the description, so that was the only disappointing part, but certainly didn't stop us from having fun. At each beach we got our free drink, and then would buy a beer to go and drink it on the bus, which the driver had no problem with.

Overall, we had a great time. We killed the rest of the time at Senor Frogs right next to the pier until we had to board again.

I hope you have fun on the excursion!

Ross

Awesome, thanks for the review. :)

This will be our 5th time in St. Thomas so this definitely sounds like a new experience for us. Will be sure to take some pictures and post a review when we return.

Thanks again.