Review: Carnival Conquest 10/30/05

Sablerose

Nope, the most action our balcony saw was when the rednecks in the next balcony over were hanging over the rail and hooting and hollering (sounded like they were trying to ride the rail like it was a buckin' bronco or something insane, on the night we had 12-15' seas)... aside from that it was a quiet haven of photographs, coffee, the occasional glass of wine, and you know, our share of smoochin'. But that's it!

Hi Rose!! I'm one of the Valor Vamps. If the Valor had stayed on its original itinerary, not only would we have been in GC on the same day, you & I would have been on the same excursion! :eek: I'm sorry the excursion didn't go so well for you (& I know I for one would have knocked the Crazy family off of the boat...why bring a kid along & then not let him in the water???), because we had a great time. The water was pretty clear for snorkeling, but got really cloudy when we went to Stingray City.

I'm really glad to hear you had a fantastic time!! All your goodies? I'm jealous. ;) Well, not really. You had a hard time getting the cruise in the first place & you guys deserved the trip, so I'm glad you got the red-carpet treatment!!

As for PDC all-inclusives, a friend of mine had her honeymoon at one & LOVED IT. It was 15 miles outside of PDC, & I can't remember the name, but if you want it, let me know & I'll chase her down to get the name of the resort she stayed at.

k

Nope, the most action our balcony saw was when the rednecks in the next balcony over were hanging over the rail and hooting and hollering (sounded like they were trying to ride the rail like it was a buckin' bronco or something insane, on the night we had 12-15' seas)... aside from that it was a quiet haven of photographs, coffee, the occasional glass of wine, and you know, our share of smoochin'. But that's it!

HMMMM.....:p

Hi Rose!! I'm one of the Valor Vamps. If the Valor had stayed on its original itinerary, not only would we have been in GC on the same day, you & I would have been on the same excursion! :eek: I'm sorry the excursion didn't go so well for you (& I know I for one would have knocked the Crazy family off of the boat...why bring a kid along & then not let him in the water???), because we had a great time. The water was pretty clear for snorkeling, but got really cloudy when we went to Stingray City.

I'm really glad to hear you had a fantastic time!! All your goodies? I'm jealous. ;) Well, not really. You had a hard time getting the cruise in the first place & you guys deserved the trip, so I'm glad you got the red-carpet treatment!!

As for PDC all-inclusives, a friend of mine had her honeymoon at one & LOVED IT. It was 15 miles outside of PDC, & I can't remember the name, but if you want it, let me know & I'll chase her down to get the name of the resort she stayed at.

k

Hey, you! Yeah, I remember you! We were in the same chat room one night, that would have totally been fun if we had been in GC on the same day. Feel lucky you weren't there on our day - icky weather, icky, icky, icky!

You going on S&SII? We're thinking of signing up. Would love to meet you guys, all of you!

And now, we are having our own little Captain's Cocktail Party.

We don't have meatballs, wontons, chicken cutlets and little quiches... but we have pizza rolls, popcorn chicken, and jalapeno poppers.

I need a Fun Ship Special! ;)

i'd like to do S&SII, but i don't think i'll have the $$ for it. besides, the price for 1As went UP and i've been to all the ports of call except for one. :( at this point, if i'm going to pay that kind of money, i'd rather go to ports i haven't been to yet.

yep, we met in chat. i'm the one who went cruising with the taco cabana mug instead of a bubba keg. :eek:

k

Rose, just one quick question please...do you know if they have iron's on board the ship? :D

...been there and done that a couple of times sorry to say...

You are really a visual writer. Thanks for sharing.

We lived at Fort Sill years ago when my dh was in the Army and enjoyed our time there.

Rose,

I have been following your posts from the beginning and have laughed and cried with you. I am so happy that your cruise was what you and Stang have dreamed of. Your review is the most interesting I have ever read. Thank you so much much for sharing your story.

Have you ever thought of writing a book?

Rose,

I have been following your posts from the beginning and have laughed and cried with you. I am so happy that your cruise was what you and Stang have dreamed of. Your review is the most interesting I have ever read. Thank you so much much for sharing your story.

Have you ever thought of writing a book?

I just want to thank you - and everyone who's been so kind as to compliment me on my writing "style" - because it really did make my day. As for writing a book, I just don't think I'd get very far with it... I do my share of "entertainment writing" for myself and/or others, but it's not anything I ever considered as more of a hobby for me. But y'all are super-duper kind to even suggest it.

I just try to write what's real, and how I see it... I assure you, my review that I submitted to Cruise Critic for the whole ratings-thing was much less entertaining! ;)

Rose, I did not want this review to end:( I have enjoyed every minute of it. Now I'm looking forward to Stangs review. I was so glad you 2 got the royal treatment. Sorry you did not get that penthouse suite tho;) Maybe next cruise. Enjoyed seeing your pic, nice to put a face with all your writing. You are a beautiful couple:)

SABLEROSE,

I TO HAVE READ EVERY WORD THAT YOU WROTE AND ONLY HOPE THAT MY HUBBY AND I HAVE AS MUCH FUN. THIS WILL BE OUR FIRST BY OURSELVES, NO RELATIVES OR KIDS. I COULDN'T GET OFF WORK TO GO DURING OUR 30TH ANNIVERSERY SO WE WILL HAVE TO GO A FEW WEEKS LATER. BUT I'M USED TO HAVING TO WAIT ANYWAY. BETWEEN THE WAR IN THE GULF AND BOSNIA AND THE UN PEACEKEEPING TEAM (ALL HE HAD TO DO) AND 26 YEARS OF SERVICE TO THIS GREAT COUNTRY I KNOW ALL ABOUT HAVING TO WAIT. I'M AN ARMY BRAT AND AN ARMY WIFE. YOU HAVE TO GRAB LIFE WHEN AND WHERE YOU CAN AND DON'T LOOK BACK.

AGAIN I'M SO GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT TIME AND THERE WILL BE MANY MORE GREAT TIMES FOR YOU AND STANG AHEAD BECAUSE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL ATTITUDE ON LIFE.

GOD BLESS

MOMMA;)

SABLEROSE,

I TO HAVE READ EVERY WORD THAT YOU WROTE AND ONLY HOPE THAT MY HUBBY AND I HAVE AS MUCH FUN. THIS WILL BE OUR FIRST BY OURSELVES, NO RELATIVES OR KIDS. I COULDN'T GET OFF WORK TO GO DURING OUR 30TH ANNIVERSERY SO WE WILL HAVE TO GO A FEW WEEKS LATER. BUT I'M USED TO HAVING TO WAIT ANYWAY. BETWEEN THE WAR IN THE GULF AND BOSNIA AND THE UN PEACEKEEPING TEAM (ALL HE HAD TO DO) AND 26 YEARS OF SERVICE TO THIS GREAT COUNTRY I KNOW ALL ABOUT HAVING TO WAIT. I'M AN ARMY BRAT AND AN ARMY WIFE. YOU HAVE TO GRAB LIFE WHEN AND WHERE YOU CAN AND DON'T LOOK BACK.

AGAIN I'M SO GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT TIME AND THERE WILL BE MANY MORE GREAT TIMES FOR YOU AND STANG AHEAD BECAUSE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL ATTITUDE ON LIFE.

GOD BLESS

MOMMA;)

Momma,

First of all, I love your handle.

Second of all, please thank your husband on behalf of Stang and I -- Veteran's Day was yesterday and there are so many amazing people in this country who deserve everyone's attention and "thank you" not only on Veteran's Day but every day of the year.

Thank you for everything both of you have done, for paving the way for families like Stang and myself. I know you guys are going to have an absolutely amazing time. I hope a little of our good mojo rubs off on you. I'll be anxiously following along with you on your countdown and can't wait to hear how your trip went.

WE THANK YOU AND THAT_STANG_GUY FOR PICKING UP WHERE OTHERS HAVE LEFT OFF AND KEEPING US SAFE.

MY WHOLE FAMILY IS MILITARY MY DAD IS RETIRED ARMY 20 YEARS, MY HUSBAND IS A RETIRED CW4 26 YEARS, MY BROTHER-IN-LAW IS RETIRED E-8 WITH 26 YEARS AND MY BROTHER IS STILL IN AS A COMMAND SEARGENT MAJOR AND ALSO 26 YEARS IN. WE ALSO HAVE TWO NEPHEWS IN IRAG AND THIS IS WHERE OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE NOW AND WE ALSO HAVE A NEPHEW WHO IS A NURSE AT WALTER REED TAKING CARE OF WOUNDED SOLDIERS:( SO SAD. SO YOU CAN SEE WE KNOW THE MILITARY LIFE. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, I DON'T THINK WE WOULD CHANGE ANY OF IT, WE ARE PROUD OF ALL WHO SERVE AND WE WOULDN'T BE WHO WE ARE TODAY IF NOT FOR THEM.

PRAY FOR OURS SOLDIERS OVER THERE WHERE EVER THAT MAY BE

MOMMA:)

WE THANK YOU AND THAT_STANG_GUY FOR PICKING UP WHERE OTHERS HAVE LEFT OFF AND KEEPING US SAFE.

MY WHOLE FAMILY IS MILITARY MY DAD IS RETIRED ARMY 20 YEARS, MY HUSBAND IS A RETIRED CW4 26 YEARS, MY BROTHER-IN-LAW IS RETIRED E-8 WITH 26 YEARS AND MY BROTHER IS STILL IN AS A COMMAND SEARGENT MAJOR AND ALSO 26 YEARS IN. WE ALSO HAVE TWO NEPHEWS IN IRAG AND THIS IS WHERE OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE NOW AND WE ALSO HAVE A NEPHEW WHO IS A NURSE AT WALTER REED TAKING CARE OF WOUNDED SOLDIERS:( SO SAD. SO YOU CAN SEE WE KNOW THE MILITARY LIFE. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, I DON'T THINK WE WOULD CHANGE ANY OF IT, WE ARE PROUD OF ALL WHO SERVE AND WE WOULDN'T BE WHO WE ARE TODAY IF NOT FOR THEM.

PRAY FOR OURS SOLDIERS OVER THERE WHERE EVER THAT MAY BE

MOMMA:)

Momma,

May all of God's Blessings be with you, your family and all of our service families. And from the bottom's of our hearts THANK YOU ALL for what you do.

I'm so glad people are acknowledging those who serve our great country and sacrifice so much to make a difference. The men and women who humbly and nobly serve our country get my biggest THANKS and admiration.

God Bless those who are serving, those who have served, and those yet to serve!

Yes, I agree! Many kudos to those who serve or have served our country. I have a nephew and a niece (both Army) over in Iraq right now. And, my late father and brother were both Navy men.

Just to keep this on topic, I plan to decorate our balcony with an American flag streamer to honor my Dad,my brother Keith, my nephew Kenneth, and my niece Stacy as we sail.

Thank you Stang, for your service, and thank you Rose, for standing beside him as he serves our wonderful country!!

For our next cruise, since it probably won't be over halloween or something, I would like it if we had some kind of patriotic theme for our door decorations too. I think it's a great way to honor everyone.

I have to go kick Stang in the azz and tell him to write his review!

Haha, I'll get to workin' on it soon. I'll be much shorter, kinda what I'd call cruise review by dummy. :p Should be interesting. I'll get on it soon.

Stang, just wondering, will it be more detailed than "had a great time---see SableRose's review." :)

Rose, thanks for the great review! Went on the Conquest in her maiden year & it was wonderful. Your review brings back good memories. Once you cruise, you're hooked!! Our 12/11 cruise on Norw. Sun out of New Orleans was changed to Houston & we can't wait to go. Thanks again!

Rose, thanks for the great review! Went on the Conquest in her maiden year & it was wonderful. Your review brings back good memories. Once you cruise, you're hooked!! Our 12/11 cruise on Norw. Sun out of New Orleans was changed to Houston & we can't wait to go. Thanks again!

Archived