Quality Inn Airport Cruise port South On Stirling FLL

HenanSan

Booked this hotel for two nights in May. Price was a bit lower than the Hilton across Stirling on 18th and the Hampton Inn which was right next door. The Hampton was full. Anyone know of this hotel. It has a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and provides, for a cost, shuttle to the port. Wondering about the hotel since the reviews are OK.....

DW and I stayed there for the last two cruises. Booked them again for next month. It meets our needs. Not flashy. Clean, quiet. Shopping centre near by. Couple of chain restaurants for food. Book the port shuttle when you check in. Be ready at the appointed time you chose when you book it. We've found the shuttle to be pretty efficient.

Ā 

If you wait until the morning to arrange for the shuttle be prepared for sort of controlled chaos. Or take a taxi. Can't remember the taxi price but it's not too much.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DW and I stayed there for the last two cruises. Booked them again for next month. It meets our needs. Not flashy. Clean, quiet. Shopping centre near by. Couple of chain restaurants for food. Book the port shuttle when you check in. Be ready at the appointed time you chose when you book it. We've found the shuttle to be pretty efficient.

Ā 

If you wait until the morning to arrange for the shuttle be prepared for sort of controlled chaos. Or take a taxi. Can't remember the taxi price but it's not too much.

Ā 

Ā 

Agree with this. We have booked several times in the past and will be booking for the next cruise also. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

We have just booked today through Hotwire for April, will be our 3rd stay there .

We love the location right next door to a shopping plaza. The beds are super comfy. Staff friendly enough. Breakfast is typical American fayre.

You do not pay for the shuttle to the port, just book your time slot when you check in. They have large buses with luggage trailers attached.

Departure morning can be busy but for free you cannot complain.

for this hotel. I was given this hotel thru PL Express offer for our Feb 2017 cruise pre-night stay. I've been monitoring the tripadvisor reviews and they range from this place is a dumb to it's great. I did see some pictures of things that didn't make me happy and a few cases reported of stained/dirty sheets and hair. I reserved another hotel at one point because I got freaked out over some of the negative reviews and things said. Questionable people hanging around in the lobby, broken door locks (exterior hotel doors), a mugging in the parking lot, bugs crawling around the room. Since PL requires payment in full, I'm still on the fence about spending double for the other reserved hotel. I guess the part that doesn't make sense to me is that it's either reported as a dirty, bug infested dump or it's wonderful. How can it be both?

Edited by 1cruiselvr

for this hotel. I was given this hotel thru PL Express offer for our Feb 2017 cruise pre-night stay. I've been monitoring the tripadvisor reviews and they range from this place is a dumb to it's great. I did see some pictures of things that didn't make me happy and a few cases reported of stained/dirty sheets and hair. I reserved another hotel at one point because I got freaked out over some of the negative reviews and things said. Questionable people hanging around in the lobby, broken door locks (exterior hotel doors), a mugging in the parking lot, bugs crawling around the room. Since PL requires payment in full, I'm still on the fence about spending double for the other reserved hotel. I guess the part that doesn't make sense to me is that it's either reported as a dirty, bug infested dump or it's wonderful. How can it be both?

Ā 

Hi there, I have written a review on TripAdvisor for this hotel, under swintontraveller. We are budget travellers and do not willingly throw money away:).

For the price you pay and all you get back for free it is a no brainer for us to stay here.

Hi there, I have written a review on TripAdvisor for this hotel, under swintontraveller. We are budget travellers and do not willingly throw money away:).

For the price you pay and all you get back for free it is a no brainer for us to stay here.

I just read a review that claimed their room had bed bugs. I don't think I'm willing to risk THAT. Also, they are sold out, so if we don't get there at a decent check in hour, we might get stuck with a bad room. I don't know.....bed bugs seem like a deal breaker to me. Trust me, I'm not exaggerating. I'd much rather stay at this hotel than pay 2x for another room plus what I paid for this hotel in advance with no chance of refund. I can't find your review on TripAdvisor. Was it recent? Thx for your response.

Edited by 1cruiselvr

Every hotel I've ever checked for reviews had people who loved it and others who want it bulldozed. I tend to ignore the over the top great ones as well as the worst of the worst. Are there more good than bad? I'm probably going to like it.

Ā 

As for bed bugs, there are two types of hotels. Ones that have seen them and ones that lie about it. Check your bed everywhere.

Ā 

Ā 

Every hotel I've ever checked for reviews had people who loved it and others who want it bulldozed. I tend to ignore the over the top great ones as well as the worst of the worst. Are there more good than bad? I'm probably going to like it.

Ā 

As for bed bugs, there are two types of hotels. Ones that have seen them and ones that lie about it. Check your bed everywhere.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I like your attitude :).

Ā 

1cruiselvr- the review was just after April/May.

I like your attitude :).

Ā 

1cruiselvr- the review was just after April/May.

Ok, thanks I will look for that time frame.

As for the bugs, yes, you always check every hotel BUT if people are reporting bugs and the hotel is sold out and the city is pretty much booked due to cruisers, so probably not much option if you do get a room that has bugs, it's prudent to do your homework and make your decisions now. More than one reviewer mentioned bugs, just not in the same month.

These are just my thoughts. I didn't get this room for cheap through PL as it is a very busy cruising weekend so rooms are going from approx $200-$300 a night so I expect at a minimum decent accommodations. One comment made over and over is that the staff (other than the mgr if/when she's on site) has an I-don't-care attitude. So if we do need a different room and it is sold out, we are in trouble. Still noodling on what we will do. I will continue to monitor the TripAdvisor reviews. Thx.

Edited by 1cruiselvr

Booked this hotel for two nights in May. Price was a bit lower than the Hilton across Stirling on 18th and the Hampton Inn which was right next door. The Hampton was full. Anyone know of this hotel. It has a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and provides, for a cost, shuttle to the port. Wondering about the hotel since the reviews are OK.....

Ā 

Check the rate on the La Quinta-FLL Airport which is on the other end of Oakwood Plaza Mall from the QI. LQ is a bit better and plenty nice for some North County River Rats. :D

Edited by Lido_Deck

We have stayed here several times without any issues. Its not fancy but I just want it clean and able to shower, bathe etc.

Ā 

Breakfast is OK. Again nothing fancy.

Ā 

My wife and her mother just stayed here in Nov. and it was good. Free parking, and free shuttle to the port and back.

Ā 

Again OK but not fancy.

Ā 

Ā 

~~Joel~~

• 2 weeks later...
Bump

Anything new from anyone on this facility?

Thanks

Ā 

Why do you keep bumping this threa? It's a Quality Inn and it has been pretty well described by people who have stayed there.

Ā 

What is it you need to know?

Edited by Lido_Deck

Bump

Anything new from anyone on this facility?

ThanksšŸ˜€

I have been following tripadvisor reviews to get the latest opinions on this hotel. We have reservations for middle of February. I will report back after the trip and let you know my thoughts. According to my husband, I am a picky hotel guest, but all I really care about is cleanliness and staff attitude/help if there is a problem. I guess most would call that good customer service. It still baffles me how the reviews on this place run hot or cold within just a few days of each other. I'm thinking maybe some rooms are in worse shape than others? I will soon learn for myself. :)

It still baffles me how the reviews on this place run hot or cold within just a few days of each other. I'm thinking maybe some rooms are in worse shape than others? I will soon learn for myself. :)

Ā 

That's typical for low end properties when you get people who expect good champagne on a beer budget. It's a low end motel so you get what you pay for. The only questions would be is it clean, is it well maintained and do they have a good staff?

Edited by Lido_Deck