balcony guarantee

sonocruiser

Hey All!

Just booked my first NCL cruise. Went with a balcony guarantee. Received a email from NCL outlining their handicapped room policies. Is this the norm with booking a guarantee or have they already assigned me a stateroom that is handicapped? I have no problem if it is- I travel with my mother who has MS and we stay in handicapped rooms all the time. But I sure wouldn't want to be in one if someone needed it.

They probably have assigned you a wheelchair access room. When I sailed on Holland America we purchased a guarantee balcony, we were assigned a wheel chair access room, however the it was was needed at the last minute by someone who required it so they upgraded us to a Signature Suite at no charge :) Sometimes guarantee categories can pay off lol.

Edited by WanderlustJourney

We had a handicapped room when we booked an OV gty. I hated it. Because the bathroom had to be flat / level with the rest of the room, there were no barriers to contain the water from the shower. It leeched out under the door, into the cabin & soaked the carpet every day. I can only imagine (but really don't want to :eek:) how gross & moldy that carpet was underneath. You couldn't walk barefoot through the cabin because the carpet was always damp. eeewww

It's entirely up to NCL where they put you.

So I just re read the email and it does say if someone with a disability needed the room I would be moved. That makes me feel better. The only thing I want is a balcony- room and bathroom lay out really don't matter. I hope there is not a big water issue, but I'll deal with it. Do you know if l will be informed of the room number before boarding? How does that work with the luggage tags?