Several Kids in Youth Programs

c&mh09

We are sailing with a group of about 36 family and friends in July. There are several Kids with us and we would like to utilize the youth programs (Camp Carnival/Camp Ocean). Here is the caveat. My son will be 5 at the time and thus places him in a separate group from the rest of his cousins sailing with us who are all a older than him (a few only by 1 year). Is there a way they would allow my son to move up into the group with his cousins? Is this something I have to check into after we board or is there a way for me to enroll him in a different group through our online account?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

I can't comment on this age group but my son was allowed to go to club O2 instead of circle c one year when he had a friend with him that age. He was only a couple months too young and he went to talk to the counselor and she allowed him in. At that younger age it could be an issue due to the supervision will have different needs for those groups. You will not know for sure until you are on board and you go to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by denrusk

You can ask once on board and it is up to the discretion of the counselor. One of the factors will be how crowded the camp is the week you are sailing.

I know Thanksgiving week I was told they were not making any exceptions because the camp was near capacity. This was on the Breeze

This question has been asked many times but seldom does anyone return to let us know how it turned out. Thanks denrusk for sharing your experience.

Like the others said, I think this always depends on the capacity. I can't comment directly on these programs, as my son was never in those (he didn't cruise until he was 12). But that first cruise, he was in Circle C. And like denrusk said, they do make exceptions for those kids when it's not too busy. That cruise (Nov. 2015), there was a girl in Circle C with my son and our friend's son, and her brother was 11. They allowed him to join Circle C, but there were only about 10 kids that whole session.

You're going to just need to ask when you get on board and explain the situation, see if they can do anything.

Thank you all for your replies. I will just register him online as normal, then check into this after we're on the ship. I'll try to remember to come back and update as to how it works out.