Winter Jacket?

bunky144

Booked on the June 12th Diamond to Alaska, I have heard you need to dress in layers but will layers of sweaters do or do I really need a leather winter coat? Thanks in advance for your feedfact I really appreciate it! Happy Sailing

2003 November Golden Princess

2004 February Grand Princess

2004 June Diamond Princess

We went June 13 to 20 last year and never needed to wear more than layers of shirt, sweater and jacket. Some days we were in shirt sleeves. The coldest conditions you would likely experience would be if you do glacier landings or perhaps if it's a cool day when you're on deck watching the glaciers. A good waterproof/wind resistant jacket would be far more appropriate than a winter jacket - especially leather as you're apt to get rain somewhere along the trip. Enjoy your trip - Alaska is beautiful!

I agree with Chester. A winter coat is not the best way to go. You're better off with layers, which will allow you to adjust easily to changeable temps. A water-resistant (better yet, waterproof) windbreaker-type jacket with a hood over a sweatshirt over a regular shirt would be fine. Enjoy your cruise.

No need for a heavy coat. We wore tshirt, shirt, sweater and if really cool a fleece jacket. Took gloves, hat and scarf as well. Wore the scarf once or twice to keep my neck warm and the hat more for the sun than the cold. Never wore the gloves, even at the glacier, but by the end of the stay I was wanting out of even the sweater. I would suggest taking these with you just in case the weather isnt as good as we had it and if its overcast and rainy it can still be cool. Just plan for anything so you can adapt.

I'm having withdrawal. Need help!

Archived