I Just Got Tired of Telling You People Where To Go...

Lido_Deck

what to do and how to get there, so I got up from behind this computer, got out, got in my car and got myself over to the Dania Beach Pier. I slowly strolled on the beach picking up seashells while watching the HA Koningsdam, HA Zuiderdam, Carnival Conquest, Regal Princess and Allure of the Seas go out to sea from Port Everglades. It was overcast, windy and slightly cool but it sure beat sitting indoors behind a computer and I picked up a jug full of shells and coral in only about 100 yards of beach. And I am choosy about seashells. They have to have good color, shape, form and configuration before they make it into my collection.

Then I got back in my car and drove down A1A to Nick's on the Hollywood Broadwalk near Margaritaville where I had a killer fried grouper sandwich. It was big enough for two normal people, but I managed to wolf it down on my own. The place was packed with people watching the Cowboys/Packers game as I sat in front of the closed windows watching people walk by on the Broadwalk.

I finished my sandwich, paid my tab and headed over to the Hollywood Beach Theatre where a classic rock band was about to start. I stayed for a few songs and then started walking north on the Broadwalk back to my car and saw the Freedom of the Seas all lit up and headed out to sea.

The weather wasn't the greatest but it sure beat sitting here on my butt telling you people where to go.

I am not one to tell you where to go, but Nicks has the best damn clam chowder this side of Boston.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm not a big clam chowder kind of person, but now I will have to try it.

They do have damn good cheeseburgers, too.

Sounds like an amazing day! I'm jealous!

Your advice please. I'm considering staying a couple of nights after my cruise because the airfare is cheaper to fly out on Tues and I'm planning to take the tri-rail to West Palm one day to visit a friend. A couple of places I'm thinking about staying are the Clarion and the Victoria Park. Thoughts? I would like to stroll on the beach the day I am not going to West Palm. I'm kind of on a budget - like to get the best bang for my buck.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like an amazing day! I'm jealous!

Your advice please. I'm considering staying a couple of nights after my cruise because the airfare is cheaper to fly out on Tues and I'm planning to take the tri-rail to West Palm one day to visit a friend. A couple of places I'm thinking about staying are the Clarion and the Victoria Park. Thoughts? I would like to stroll on the beach the day I am not going to West Palm. I'm kind of on a budget - like to get the best bang for my buck.

Thanks in advance.

What are your dates?

no, hoping for a place where I can walk to eat and to the beach. Uber if needed.

The obvious choice would be the Water Taxi then. Underneath the Causeway bridge right in from of the Hilton Marina is a Water Taxi stop where you can catch both the Ft Lauderdale Water Taxi and the Hollywood Water Taxi using the same daily ticket for both. The Water Taxi is hop on, hop off all day and night so pick a day when you can enjoy it during the day and then at night when the Intracoastal is lit up by the yachts and Millionaire's Row.

The Hollywood Water Taxi will take you to the stop at 5 O'Clock Somewhere right across A1A from Margaritaville and the Broadwalk described above. They have live music Wednesday-Sunday at the Hollywood Beach Theatre from 7:00 - 9:00 PM. The last Water Taxi going north from Margaritaville to the Hilton is at 9:00 PM.

To get to and from the beach and the Galleria Mall use the Sun Trolley which is $1.00 per ride or $3.00 for a day pass.

Edited by Lido_Deck

The obvious choice would be the Water Taxi then. Underneath the Causeway bridge right in from of the Hilton Marina is a Water Taxi stop where you can catch both the Ft Lauderdale Water Taxi and the Hollywood Water Taxi using the same daily ticket for both. The Water Taxi is hop on, hop off all day and night so pick a day when you can enjoy it during the day and then at night when the Intracoastal is lit up by the yachts and Millionaire's Row.

The Hollywood Water Taxi will take you to the stop at 5 O'Clock Somewhere right across A1A from Margaritaville and the Broadwalk described above. They have live music Wednesday-Sunday at the Hollywood Beach Theatre from 7:00 - 9:00 PM. The last Water Taxi going north from Margaritaville to the Hilton is at 9:00 PM.

To get to and from the beach and the Galleria Mall use the Sun Trolley which is $1.00 per ride or $3.00 for a day pass.

Perfect, thanks!!!

What are you thoughts for Feb 19-20th on either the Clarion or Victoria Park?

Perfect, thanks!!!

What are you thoughts for Feb 19-20th on either the Clarion or Victoria Park?

Sorry, I got confused and was thinking you were staying at the Hilton Marina.

I don't know much of anything about those two hotels other than it's just under a mile to the the Gallery One Doubletree where there is a Water Taxi and Sun Trolley stops.

Both hotels are reasonably close to the Galleria Mall and a little over a mile to the beach.

Sorry, I got confused and was thinking you were staying at the Hilton Marina.

I don't know much of anything about those two hotels other than it's just under a mile to the the Gallery One Doubletree where there is a Water Taxi and Sun Trolley stops.

Both hotels are reasonably close to the Galleria Mall and a little over a mile to the beach.

No problem! I did not clarify very well. I am staying at the Hilton before the cruise for 1 night, so your info is very helpful. Are the Clarion and Victoria Park in safe areas?