Carnival Excursion Photos

luckymom17

I've read on one of the reviews that the dolphin swim excursions booked through Carnival have very pricey photo packages, but that sometimes those pictures are available back on the ship in the pixels gallery. Anyone have luck with this? I would much rather pay the high pixel's price than the higher excursion photo price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've read on one of the reviews that the dolphin swim excursions booked through Carnival have very pricey photo packages, but that sometimes those pictures are available back on the ship in the pixels gallery. Anyone have luck with this? I would much rather pay the high pixel's price than the higher excursion photo price.

Maybe someone else can say for sure, but I've never seen any photos like that in the gallery. And the outrageous cost of photos is the biggest reason I have yet to book one of those excursions. We looked at doing it on our 2 last Caribbean cruises, but I really feel the companies are just gouging people because they know you're going to want a couple of pictures of it. I don't mind paying what they charge for the excursions themselves, but the extra $100 for a couple of pictures is ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked our dolphin excursion thru Carnival and none of our photos were available in pixels on board the ship. We "negotiated" them down from $600 for all 430 photos to $300 for 2 CD's of the photos, we had 9 people in our group. If you do the excursion in Cozumel make sure you download the photos from the app prior leaving Chankanaab Park, it does work on the app once you leave.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I know they won't be as "professional" appearing------but this is the main reason we bought a Fuji XP waterproof camera (usually on sale for around $150) for our upcoming Freeport dolphin excursion. The description says you are allowed to bring a camera (though the dolphins MIGHT consider it to be a toy!). It takes great normal pictures, and we tried it on the waterslides of the last cruise on the Vista -- it was outstanding and stood up to the water pressure. I'm sure there are many other brands that work as well if not better. It does give you another option. Enjoy!

I know they won't be as "professional" appearing------but this is the main reason we bought a Fuji XP waterproof camera (usually on sale for around $150) for our upcoming Freeport dolphin excursion. The description says you are allowed to bring a camera (though the dolphins MIGHT consider it to be a toy!).

True, some allow, but others don't. It just depends.

We did the carnival dolphin excursion in Amber Cove. We got all of the photos and video of the 5 of us for $100.00 and the pictures are very good and they have video of my son being pushed through the water. To us, it was well worth the cost at $20.00 per person.