Bamboo Beach Club VIP

mguernsey77

We are sailing on the Allure in early April. I am having a difficult time finding an appropriate excursion that my 2 children (8 and 13) and myself would like to participate in. Has anyone ever done the Bamboo Beach Club VIP package with Royal and if so is it worth the money (114 USD pp)? This includes the falls as well.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1609 using Forums mobile app

We are sailing on the Allure in early April. I am having a difficult time finding an appropriate excursion that my 2 children (8 and 13) and myself would like to participate in. Has anyone ever done the Bamboo Beach Club VIP package with Royal and if so is it worth the money (114 USD pp)? This includes the falls as well.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1609 using Forums mobile app

We just did it in Dec on the Reflection. It was a nightmare and the worst time we have ever had. The falls is o.k. but it is like a cattle call. They told us they run 10,000 people a day. The Bamboo beach club is a joke. It consist of a dirt road through trees to a beach clearing with a few small buildings. The food is awful and also the beach is nasty. you will have about 2 Hrs if you are lucky.Only half of us got any food during the time we were there. The bus ride is 1 1/2 hrs each way and we got back 1/2 hr late to the ship which they held for us. They had charged us $198 which the 20% discount for booking on line. When we got back on the ship all of the 30 to 40 people want to the excursion desk to voice are displeasure and they refunded all the money. I could go into more detail if you want but please take my word for it. If anything take the falls tour only ! It is anything but VIP ! Bob

Edited by fielddreamer

It makes me sad to read these recent reviews... We went there in October of 2014 and had a marvelous time. Food and service were both outstanding. The beach was okay. We liked it so much that we went back in December of 2015. It was still quite nice. I wonder what has happened over the last year? :confused:

I agree with the negative reviews. We went in May/2016 and the food was horrible, slow service, bad drinks, not enough shade after spending so much time hiking up the falls. Our bus on the tour could barely get up any slight incline, I thought we were gonna have to get out and push.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

I am an American living in Jamaica and I go to bamboo for fun on the weekends. It's one of the nicer spots. I really disagree with the reviews, but for the price you quoted, I'd probably be upset too. I pay $7 to enter and then food costs 20-25 a person. The jerk lobster is one of the best I've had in Jamaica (and I eat a lot of jerk). Dunns river imo is not worth it. Blue hole has been really dirty lately too due to the hurricane. I'm unsure if it's cleared out, but it was a dangerous mess just a few weeks ago.

I'd recommend some kind of a cultural tour with chukka. Jamaica has one of the richer cultures in th Caribbean.

So I went to bamboo today with ~20 friends and tried to view the experience as though I were a tourist. Here are my thoughts. Service is extremely slow and lacking. It took me more than 2 hours to get my food and the place was 10% full. I'm used to it by now, but if you are on a tight schedule, it'd be annoying. The food was delicious but expensive. I had lobster, my wife had jerk chicken (not as good a second a jerk shack), daughter had kids grilled cheese ($12usd).

Menu doesn't include 16% tax or 15% gratuity they automatically add. When I paid, it took 20 minutes to get my check as each server keeps their receipts so you can't get closed out until all servers happen to be at the bar at the same time. I paid my bill and they owed me $450 Jamaican dollars. They only had $200 Jamaican to give as change, nothing smaller. The waitress had the great idea that if I gave her 1,000 JMD and she gave me a 500 back, then that'd solve the situation... I told her to just keep the change she owed me and went on my way.

Beautiful beach. Nice padded recliners. Cheap entrance. Easy to get to.

Food is expensive. Sand is rough. Strong sewer smell. Loud music.

So I went to bamboo today with ~20 friends and tried to view the experience as though I were a tourist. Here are my thoughts. Service is extremely slow and lacking. It took me more than 2 hours to get my food and the place was 10% full. I'm used to it by now, but if you are on a tight schedule, it'd be annoying. The food was delicious but expensive. I had lobster, my wife had jerk chicken (not as good a second a jerk shack), daughter had kids grilled cheese ($12usd).

Menu doesn't include 16% tax or 15% gratuity they automatically add. When I paid, it took 20 minutes to get my check as each server keeps their receipts so you can't get closed out until all servers happen to be at the bar at the same time. I paid my bill and they owed me $450 Jamaican dollars. They only had $200 Jamaican to give as change, nothing smaller. The waitress had the great idea that if I gave her 1,000 JMD and she gave me a 500 back, then that'd solve the situation... I told her to just keep the change she owed me and went on my way.

Beautiful beach. Nice padded recliners. Cheap entrance. Easy to get to.

Food is expensive. Sand is rough. Strong sewer smell. Loud music.

Hi-is there anything you would recommend for kids? Our boys are 4 1/2 and 9. I was thinking the rafting on the Martha Brae or the Dunns Falls? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi-is there anything you would recommend for kids? Our boys are 4 1/2 and 9. I was thinking the rafting on the Martha Brae or the Dunns Falls? :)

The falls are probably too much for young kids to climb, but they might like swimming in the pools there. I'd really suggest the jewel runaway bay. It has a great water park for kids that age. A beach, slides, lazy river, unlimited food and drinks, pools, games, etc.

The falls are probably too much for young kids to climb, but they might like swimming in the pools there. I'd really suggest the jewel runaway bay. It has a great water park for kids that age. A beach, slides, lazy river, unlimited food and drinks, pools, games, etc.

Thank you.