San Diego, super 8 Bayview

Bloemerl

Have any resent cruisers used this motel as a pre or post cruise stay ? Was the shuttle service available from the airport and the cruise terminal ?

Would appreciate any comments as we will be cruising on the Oosterdam on March 11

Have any resent cruisers used this motel as a pre or post cruise stay ? Was the shuttle service available from the airport and the cruise terminal ?

Would appreciate any comments as we will be cruising on the Oosterdam on March 11

We stayed there this past January. They do have a shuttle to both the airport and cruise terminal. They have a full size car and well as a van. They sent the car for us at the airport because I told them there were only 2 of us - but we had a lot of luggage - I would suggest telling them you need the van.

The motel itself was undergoing remodeling while we were there - I would think it would be complete by the time you go. It is nothing fancy - not clean and very reasonably priced. It didn't offer many amenities - the breakfast in the lobby was doughnuts, coffee, and juice. The swimming pool and whirlpool are in the corner of the parking lot. The front desk staff were so helpful. The motel is in the Little Italy section of San Diego - there are several good restaurants within walking distance. Fillipis is a great Italian restuarant about a block away. It would be interesting to know how it has changed since it has been remodeled. I would stay there again.

I wrote a review on http://www.tripadvisor.com that you might want to read - there are some other good reviews about it posted there as well.

Archived