SCUBA in St. Thomas or St. Johns

Dr. Dean

We dove with Blue Island Divers last year while in St. Thomas. Their boat picks you up right in front of your cruise ship and the diving was excellent with them. Admiralty Dive is also a highly recommended operation, and after seeing their boat and speaking with their crew, I wouldn't have hesitated to dive with them either.

I dove in October 2005 with Dive Safaris located in Philipsburg, St. Marrten. We did a 2-tank dive and both dives were excellent. This is the second time I dove with this operation. They are very nice and helpful. Also, did a 2-tank dive in St. Thomas but would not recommend that ops.

http://www.divestmaarten.com/

Tim

Fort Myers Beach, FL

:)

Hilary,

Thank you for the information. Was your dive in St. Thomas waters?

Dr. Dean

Yes, we dove Navy Barges which was tons of fun, then went to a really nice reef for our 2nd dive. The reef was really healthy and full of life, and we had a nice long dive there.

I dove with Admiralty in St. Thomas, and got a great bargain. I made a reservation 2 weeks ahead of time, and it turned out I was the only diver. I got the $800 charter for the cost of my $80 dive. Got to pick my choice of dives, and had the guide to myself. The captain said he only went out because I had made a reservation, and they honor all reservations. I would not hesitate to dive with Admiralty again, I am sure they lost money that day, but gained a loyal customer.

Keith

Archived