Timing Departure from Cape Liberty to Statue Tour

JerseyGirl1

Hi! We want to tour the SOL after our cruise returns to Cape Liberty.

Maps show a 20 min drive from port to park where SOL ferry departs.

How much extra time should I allow from the 8 am docking to get the car and exit the garage? Is it reasonable to think we could be to SOL departure point by 10 or 11? This will be a Sunday in mid June. TIA.

Hi! We want to tour the SOL after our cruise returns to Cape Liberty.

Maps show a 20 min drive from port to park where SOL ferry departs.

How much extra time should I allow from the 8 am docking to get the car and exit the garage? Is it reasonable to think we could be to SOL departure point by 10 or 11? This will be a Sunday in mid June. TIA.

You're on the Summit. I think 10-11 is reasonable. IMO going to the SOL early on a Sun morning from NJ does not require advance tickets unless you want to go to the crown. Look at the ferry schedules. It takes time to get to the SOL because the ferry goes to Ellis Island first. There is also more walking in NJ to get out to the pier as well as the security check, which can take some time.

Thanks! We are on the Summit and everyone wants to visit the crown. We have priority disembarkationn from Celebrity, too. After the cruise we might just need more walking.... The tickets are evidently for timed access to security to get on the boat to Ellis Island and the SOL. They aren't willing to accommodate you if you miss your time so I will do 11 to be safe. Any idea how long we should plan for it to take to exit the garage?

Thanks! We are on the Summit and everyone wants to visit the crown. We have priority disembarkationn from Celebrity, too. After the cruise we might just need more walking.... The tickets are evidently for timed access to security to get on the boat to Ellis Island and the SOL. They aren't willing to accommodate you if you miss your time so I will do 11 to be safe. Any idea how long we should plan for it to take to exit the garage?

When you enter the garage, you get a ticket. There are apparently now ticket machines that you must use to pay. Folks have said they did this when they returned. I am going to see what I can find out when I'm at Cape Liberty next week.

I wouldn't do any earlier than 11. If you get there early, you might be able to get on an earlier ferry.

Here's a YouTube video that might help.

This video is pre hurricaine Sandy. And another video -

When we were there in Sep 2015, the ticket booth was not in the old railroad terminal, but it was obvious where you should go. My suggestion is to drop someone off at the ticket booth and park as far to the right as possible for a shorter walk from the ferry when you come back.