Door magnets

smheese

After looking at more of the items on etsy, they need to be stricter about their products they are offering on behalf of members.

Not only are most of them infringing copyright, but iron on name badges as well???

https://www.etsy.com//listing/187061374/iron-on-cruise-name-tag-2-color-options?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=name%20tags%20cruise&ref=sr_gallery_48

il_570xN.592735220_84j4.jpg

My goodness!

That on a yellow polo really could convince a kid that the person was a YAC CM!

These should be illegal, or at least on the banned list for cruising on DCL.

ex techie

Disney has always been famous for enforcing copyrights' date=' but it seems they are allowing the stuff on Etsy to continue....this has been happening for years without any crack down from Disney.[/quote']

It is disgraceful, and unfortunately it sounds like it will take an opportunist to exploit an opportunity like this to befriend or lure away a child, and the lawsuit afterwards to make them take action against etsy.

I hope the CM's aboard would take any Guest wearing such a thing seriously, and have the item removed and confiscated.

Even though the font used on the name is wrong, to a small child, maybe lost, they would not see the difference.

So sad, and so very scary.

ex techie

Yes they still allow magnets, but magnets only.

And even if it is magnetic, it must not scratch or discolor the door in anyway, or a charge will be applied for refinishing the door.

It's been mentioned that some magnets will hold better than others with the many coats of paint.

• Please don't bring paint thinner, nor use nail polish remover.
  • Some have suggested strong neodymium or rare earth magnets.... however I hate to be responsible if a young child decides to try putting those tiny magnets in their mouths.

EPCOT used to sell name badges made to look very like the name badges CMs wear in the parks. True' date=' they were not identical, but they were close.[/quote']

I wouldn't say they look "very like" CM's badges. I have one from many years ago. It is dark green with white lettering, says "Guest of Honor" over the name, Walt Disney World below, and has an image of Tigger to the left of the name. The only semblance to a standard CM name tag is the shape. Our grandsons had similar ones that were bright red with white lettering. True CM badges are white with dark lettering, or blue with white lettering.

I wouldn't say they look "very like" CM's badges. I have one from many years ago. It is dark green with white lettering, says "Guest of Honor" over the name, Walt Disney World below, and has an image of Tigger to the left of the name. The only semblance to a standard CM name tag is the shape. Our grandsons had similar ones that were bright red with white lettering. True CM badges are white with dark lettering, or blue with white lettering.

The one my daughter got was about 10 years ago and it was quite similar to the WDW badges. I would have to get it out to see the details. It definitely does not have Tigger on it.

And I doubt that a child would look at one and think "This person does NOT work for WDW or DCL."