wedding dress help,dry cleaners at christ church

bestyman

Hi all,

We are getting married at the Amaryllis hotel on the 2nd December . GF is concerned that the wedding dress may need pressing after the flight. The dress is going with us in the cabin as she is concerned if in a case it may get lost

Does anyone know of a dry cleaners or wedding shop nearby that will iron or steam the dress if need be please?

Also looking for tips on how to best pack it, is putting it with the other suitcases such a bad idea?

As this is a cruise board thought I would mention that we are going on the Ocean village for the 2nd week . Any info appreaciated .

Thanks in advance

Mark/Gemma

Hi all,

We are getting married at the Amaryllis hotel on the 2nd December . GF is concerned that the wedding dress may need pressing after the flight. The dress is going with us in the cabin as she is concerned if in a case it may get lost

Does anyone know of a dry cleaners or wedding shop nearby that will iron or steam the dress if need be please?

Also looking for tips on how to best pack it, is putting it with the other suitcases such a bad idea?

As this is a cruise board thought I would mention that we are going on the Ocean village for the 2nd week . Any info appreaciated .

Thanks in advance

Mark/Gemma

Shoot an e-mail to these folks:

fieldvalet@sunbeach.net

They used to pick-up, clean and steam press and deliver the same day.

Can't vouch for them, just offering a lead for you....

My best wishes for a smoothe, stress-free wedding and honeymoon. :) :) :)

HI there.

I am going to suggest a few things.

1. definately carry the gown onboard the aircraft if you can. In the bag that you should have received from the bridal shop (if they give bags). or in a good carry-on hanging bag. If you have to put it into a suit case, depending on the size you may want to send in it's own bag, but also keep it in the bag you got from the shop, if possible. you can put the shoes etc in the same bag.. but I agree on the lost luggage.. keep it with you if possible.

2. I suggest contacting Heather Ruck from Heathers Bridal here in Barbados, as she has been in business for a very long time and should be able to direct you where to go. http://www.heathersbridalsalon.com

3. Contact Steve's Dry Cleaning. They are located kind of close to where you are staying.

STEVE’S DRY CLEANING

Coles Building, Lower Bay Street, St. Michael

Tel: (246) 427-9117

Fax: (246) 431-0607

E-mail: pantoniorudder@caribsurf.com

good luck and have fun on the Ocean Village.

Mark, best of luck on your wedding.

When we went to barbados on honeymoon 16 years ago we witnessed a beach wedding. All the hotel staff stopped to watch the bride in her dress meet her groom - it was lovely. Only thing I thought odd was the 'bridesmaid' had on a peach shorts suit!!

One thing worth checking is if the Hotel could steam/press the dress?

Depending on the fabric in may just need the old fashioned steamy hot bathroom treatment - check with the dressmaker, she may be able to suggest something.

Also, no doubt I'll see you somewhere on the OV - unless you never come out of your cabin ;);)

Hi,

Thanks for replies,

I have emailed the other drycleaners to check availabilty and prices. Funds are tight after the girfriend insisted on upgrading to a suite on the OV and deluxe rooms at the Amaryllis. Please don`t feel sorry for us :) .

Squeaky dusk you are probably right about not coming out much, with the price OV charge for upgrades Im gonna get me moneys worth;) . Seriously though we will venture out and already got the quad biking and tree slide? excursions booked.

Are you flying TCX ( thomas cook airlines)? I`ve heard the seats are terrible , but other than that we are really looking forward to it . Do you know much about any of the ports ? ( just 2nd week for us)

Cheers

Mark

Eek, don't say the flights are horrid!

We've been told 3-3-3 configuration and there are 4 of us (2 kids 2 ads) and the set pitch is 29". I'm not exactly slim ;) so as long as the seats have ample leg room and I can fit in I'll survive the 9 hours.

I've gleaned loads of info off these boards on the islands and doing the trips yourself (cheaper than the ship). We've also been to some before.

Check out the other ports of call, you'll find more on the following

Barbados - LOADS to do. This is an island I'd be happy to stay on again and take my kids to. Hire a car for a couple of days. Go see, Welshmans' Gully, Bathsheba, Harrisons Cave, The Wildlife Reserve, The Garrison, the place on the Hill where the white lion was carved by a soldier (name escapes me) and if you can visit Carlisle Bay. Was out fav. beach on the island, but haven't been to Crane Beach yet. Oh and if you're into fishies visit Oistins. You HAVE to try flying fish - yummy! Oh and we went to the drive in movies (16 years ago!!) It was so like American TV! We were the only ones sittign int he car - everyone else took out mattrasses/sun chairs and sat outside! LOL

Tortola - hop on the ferry to Virgin Gorda Baths. Awesome huge rocks and great snorkelling.

St Maarten - new one for us. Good shopping and beautiful beaches (even a 'clothing optional' one!)

St Kitts - for us not a lot here, so just a general tour I think

St Lucia - do a Catamarran tour to the Pitons. It's all day and even at ships' prices it's worth it.

Mayreau- another new one for us, but looks like a typical desert island.

HTH

Hope I've not gone too much off topic.

Archived