Outlets on Sun Princess

Kruzkrazy

Having been on Dawn, and most recently Sea Princess (same class of ships as Sun and previously in the North American market), there was a US style outlet, as well as a UK one, and an Australian one. I would bring an adapter as well, just in case... or if you are extending your holiday pre- or post-cruise.

Also, if you are needing more outlets for charging, if you check the corridors, you'll find the US outlets there; the vacuums that the cabin stewards are still using these. I have charged a battery in one after steward hours.

Cheers.

Having done the 30 day Around Australia on Sun Princess last October/November the outlets are as follows. 1 Australian outlet behind TV. Outlets at desk are US and there is one US outlet on small shelf just outside bathroom door as you come into cabin. This is the one I mainly used for charge iphone, ipad and camera as I could sit them on the shelf above.

Hello all,

DW and I are taking the Sun Princess around Australia in March. Does anyone know if the electrical outlets on the Sun are compatible with US-style plugs, or do we need adapters?

Thanx,

KK

We always travel with a universal adapter. These often come with surge protection, which may be an issue because of the nature of electrical power of a ship. Then we bring a strip without surge protection so we have extra outlets. You can search these boards for a discussion on ship electrical power.