Sign & Sail Platinum Card

mabo

is there a difference between the gold and the multi colored card? if there isnt, we dont really need all this uproar and hooplah and whatnot.... i sounded somewhat sophisticated and somewhat not in the same sentance.

The difference is, one is for past cruisers, one is not. The servers, waiters, etc welcome you back, ask about your other cruises, etc. The main perk for gold is the past guest party.

I haven't seen uproar and hooplah, nor whatnot... then again, I'm still confused and trying to figure out your last sentence:confused:

The difference is, one is for past cruisers, one is not. The servers, waiters, etc welcome you back, ask about your other cruises, etc. The main perk for gold is the past guest party.

I didn't notice any effect from having a gold card, except a mild sense of smugness on my own part. :rolleyes:

Past guests get the past guest party, which is a major perk, but you don't need a special key for this, just the invite that the steward leaves in your cabin.

I don't get the gold card thing. I thought it wasn't attractive and the white print was hard to read. I preferred my card red, white and blue -- which is, not to put too fine a point on it, the most successful color scheme in world history. (Credit to columnist Gregg Easterbrook for this line.)

On all my cruises-- we are always waited on and people very attentive. Is it more so with a different color card-- I cant imagine..

do you think the service for people with blue cards are less then if you have a differnt card?

On all my cruises-- we are always waited on and people very attentive. Is it more so with a different color card-- I cant imagine..

do you think the service for people with blue cards are less then if you have a differnt card?

I noticed more people asking me about previous cruises, other ships, etc. I talked more with the crew on this ship about other ships than I recall doing in the past. Some would just say "welcome back"... it wasn't anything major, just nice. Now, Randy and Zone had the platinum cards and I noticed that people would say "wow"!! I actually thought the platinum cards looked nice... it was sparkly :D I didn't have problems reading the cards... but I have really good eyesight ;) :p

I have great eyesight too...as long as I have my contacts in, my reading glasses on top of that AND don't have TMD (to many drinks) ! : )

We just did not like the "platinum" cards being mistaken for plain ole silver.

Archived