Caribbean Princess - a Few Questions

princessb

Just got off the Caribbean Princess this morning (5/29/04). It was a fantastic cruise! Maximum stars in my book.

BUT, there was no video arcade aboard whatsoever. There are only 4 TV's with Sony PlayStations in the teen center on deck 16 named "Off Limits". These stations are not available 24/7.

We became aware of the lack of a video arcade before we sailed. We knew that our teenaged son would be devastated to find no video arcade aboard so we had two options. Either cancel the cruise and rebook on another line which would have been very expensive. Or bring some other form of entertainment along with us.
So, we purchased a GameBoy Advanced handheld station with several game cartridges and surprised him with it once an board. He was elated with this alternative.
No, he did not spend the entire week just playing the games. He spent plenty of time in the pools and hottubs, etc.. He made many friends and shared his GameBoy with everyone which made him even more popular with the teen crowd. The portability of the unit allowed him to play anywhere on board, in a deck chair, by the pool, in his cabin, and in the teen center.

I can't for the life of me understand why Princess chose to omit an arcade on such an otherwise outstanding ship. This was a dumb decision in my opinion. Perhaps they would consider converting just ONE of the many cocktail lounges to an arcade. The kids would all be in favor of that (and some of the adults too).

Ken

Archived