Cave Tubing with Coral Breeze

Bunkie103

On our Valor Vampires cruise we had the oportunity to do the Cave Tubing experience with Coral Breeze. Now let me preface this by telling you that our itinerary was changed several times prior to our departure and I probably drove Paul at Coral Breeze crazy with questions. Luckily he was calm and very reassuring about the whole thing.

We secured our tender ticket and were on one of the first tenders to leave the ship. This wasn't the nightmare I had expected. As promised Coral Breeze associates were awaiting our arrival on the pier. They had all the correct information including the fact that we had paid in full prior to our departure. Some in our group had a balance due and that was also taken care of quickly.

Within a few minutes we were on our way with our very friendly and informative Guide Carlos "Speedy" Gonzalez. He gave us a running commentary during the ride to the caves on life in Belize, it's history and geography and answered all of our questions.

When we arrived at the park we were outfilled with the necessary gear, made our trek thru the "jungle" and arrived at the river. Along the way he pointed out many interesting aspects of the rainforest. We made our "graceful" entrance into our tubes with Speedy's assistance and were off on our adventure. The caves are spectacular. I am claustrophobic and initially was a little apprehensive, but at no point in the journey did I feel shut in. It was truly amazing. Speedy was with us watching out for us every step of the way. Although we tubed thru 3 caves, it was over much too soon.

Next was lunch! It was wonderful and I'm so glad it was included in the price so we didn't have to worry about scrambling for money. Everyone agreed the chicken was the most tasty they had eaten in a long time, the pasta salad with the pineapple chunks delicious as was the rice and beans. Also included was an tasty piece of bread and some fruit punch. We thought we were finished and our server brought individual pieces of cake which were beyond description. They were about the size of a cupcake and some were chocolate and some were banana with caramel icing. Yummy!

Our ride back to the ship included lots of laughing about our adventure and teasing each other about how graceful we were. Our group's age varied from teenage well into 60's!

Speedy delivered us back to the ship in time to stop at the Wet Lizard for a local Beliken Beer and some souvenir shopping too, prior to getting on the tender line. It was truly a memorable day and I would certainly recommend it to anyone traveling to Belize.

Archived