Atlantis dolphin cove excursion with royal?

Has anyone done this? It says shallow water experience, with day passes and lunch. I am assuming they taxi us over and where would lunch be? A voucher someplace? We are in port 7-6, I would love to do it early to still have time to get back and hit the pirate museum before we leave. Any feedback?

I know there is blue lagoon and balmoral. Just looking at Atlantis right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes we did the Atlantis dolphin excursion...but it was without lunch.. Although the price is high...we actual 45 min interaction with the dolphins.

The Atlantis has a man made lagoon (maybe 25 acres) with 42 dolphins..not the one or two we saw on some of ther other excusion reviews.

You will be divided in groups of 8 or less and given wet suites to wear and a trainer and one dolphine to work with.

As for the beach/water...being man made ...there were 4 beach areas with lounge chairs. The water depth went from shore to about 4ft @ 40yds out then the water turned deep blue. This is becuase the water drops off to 90-100 feet for the dolphins to be dolphins....swim, play and jump out of the water.

Back to the timing...we left the ship @ 8 and to the bus left 8:15? Where a guide took us to the lagoon and we sat on the lounge chairs waiting and watching the dolphins play around. After 30 minutes they had us change into the wet suits and they provide lockers for your valuables. ..no rings, watches or cameras...dolphins are attracted to shiny objects.. they have their own photographer's which I advise to purchase the usb afterwards... $149??? They took more than RCI did for 7 day cruise. Anyway after the group sessions they brought the 4 groups together and they added more dolphins for demos...jumping, flipping...waiving good bye.

Afterward we walked to Atlantis main tower and looked at the aquarium and lobby...and headed back to the ship...for drinks in the hot tub by 3pm. We could gone shopping but junk is junk... A pina colada and watching the fools almost miss embarkation. ..is priceless.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for the feedback. It's $225 each and there are 5 of us, 3 adults and a 5 and 7 year old. I looked at some videos

Of the encounter and it looks great but for the price and not bowing the weather I'm just not sold yet. This price includes lunch and park passes, there's no option for just the dolphins so I will wait and see if they offer just the dolphins [emoji227] bc we won't want to do the dig etc

Since we are trying to get back to dock area earlier. I'm hoping they do one that's 8-11/12pm that would work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you go to Atlantis just walk around I believe to could still walk by the lagoon and watch ..without charge...I don't remember any check points like they have for the water park or laze river. If you sign up for any of the Atlantis excursions the shuttles are waiting at the main tower for the trip back to port and leave every 20 min. So the time is up to you..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app