any real diffs between Mercury & Galaxy?

trcori

We've sailed Mercury & Century twice each. They have some major differences (most notably to me, the addition post-Century of the AFT indoor pool & grill area, and the larger, outside Fun Factory instead of the small inside FF on Century, etc.). Our next cruise is on Galaxy. Looking at the deck plan, I can't find any real differences from Mercury. Wondering from those who've sailed Mercury & Galaxy, though, are there major differences I'm not seeing on the deck plan? I do *not* mean decor, that's a given. Thanks for any observations! -- TR, looking ahead to Galaxy PC 4/1/06

We sailed on Galaxy in October 2001 for our first Celebrity cruise - a Caribbean 7 dayer. We took Mercury from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires in January 2002; and went back to Galaxy for a 14 day Transatlantic trip in 2004. In between those last two we sailed on Infinity twice and Millennium once. We were spoiled by Galaxy and Celebrity on our first cruise and remain strong fans of X. Although we have had other excellent cruises on differnt lines, none has matched Celebrity overall with the possible exception of Oceania's Insignia. But this is a little like comparing apples and oranges given the difference in size and style.

I don't recall any major differences between Mercury and Galaxy. They are the same size and built only a year apart. We had standard veranda cabins on the first two cruises, and, given the fairly low fares for the Transatlantic repositioning, went for a sky suite the second time on Galaxy; but we certainly did not feel like second class citizens on any of our Celebrity trips.

we've also sailed Millennium & Infinity. I was just curious if Mercury and Galaxy are truly "twins" ... since Mercury is our favorite X ship (we also have sailed two M-class as well as two C-class) so far -- TR

we've also sailed Millennium & Infinity. I was just curious if Mercury and Galaxy are truly "twins" ... since Mercury is our favorite X ship (we also have sailed two M-class as well as two C-class) so far -- TR
Yes ... while we often talk about 'M-Class' and 'C-Class' here, the Century is definitely the "odd duck" of the three among the three C-Class ships. Mercury and Galaxy are really the twins here, and once this upcoming Century dry dock is complete, it'll be way out there by itself with the new design changes.

Archived